How many of you have taken the risk (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
but what if shes mucking with you?

i know a friend calls me studmuffin...

it has no effect on me.

repz

HSC
How many of you, have taken the risk of going out with a friend, and asking her to be your gf/bf?
and how many of you would take that chance if the situation arises?
and how many of you wouldnt?

what i believe is that if he or she initiates the action of flirting, the signals arise and your spidey senses go off then i would go for it. I think that if you don't take the chance thinsg are going to change anyways.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
arghhhh. dating someone who is a kinda friend is ok. but like, not best friend. and i find flirting with ur friends even if u have no reason behind it can send mix signals, or just piss the other person off. u have to realise not every1 flirting wants 2 date u, but that just cos they r flirting doesnt mean they dont hav ulterior motives... ahhh.

this whole topic annoys me ALOT. every1 should just be honest. its not so hard.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
repz said:
How many of you, have taken the risk of going out with a friend, and asking her to be your gf/bf?
and how many of you would take that chance if the situation arises?
and how many of you wouldnt?

what i believe is that if he or she initiates the action of flirting, the signals arise and your spidey senses go off then i would go for it. I think that if you don't take the chance thinsg are going to change anyways.
i agree with tom

dont. i hate her absofuckinlutely (actually i hate them :s)

niteshade1312

HSC
i almost did with my best friend, then i stopped it because i knew it would wreak the friendship.. i wouldn't do it..

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, i took that risk very very very recently. So far so good. But in our situation, it was kinda expected.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I never had a male best friend. Usually the process is: Strangers → Friends → Relationships. The "Friends" part was always somehow skipped.

I wouldn't take the risk of ruining a friendship unless I was really, really sure that either the relationship would last, or that we could still be friends afterwards. Since that's impossible to tell, I wouldn't risk it.

carpediem

HSC
I never had a female friend... i think all females just hate me

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
the guys i've gone out with have been my closest friends and it's fucked up every time

moral: don't date friends

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
carpediem said:
I never had a female friend... i think all females just hate me
They do! lol

As for askin out your best friend -- don't EVER EVER EVER!

I was having a conversation with some girls about this yesterday. All of them had stories about being asked out by their best friend and they all hated it. They thought they were just friends with these guys, but it turns out they (although always good friends with the person) had a deep desire to date them as well.

Result: friendship never recovered, and prevailing awkwardness.

Lesson: try and date friends by all means, but not BEST friends.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
all my friends wanted me to date my male best friend, just they could see more of him.
because they all refer to him as Hot <insert name here>
and he is hot, my mum reackons he looks like jude law.
i say he doesnt, but hes still hot, but never go out with him.

i considered a relationship with a friend last year, but we talked, and then decided against it.
i havent talked to him since school ended last year.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Nah, it's not worth it.

I went out w/ my best friend and yeah - it didn't work out. Eventually we reconciled (it took alot of time.) because i knew he was better off as a friend from the start. Now we're good friends again but it was a process i don't wish to repeat.

krystalp

HSC
a best friend asked me out once, it was tragic. we'd been joined at the hip for 2 years, and we never talked again. it was akward....and you look back on all the things you did together and shudder, wondering if everything they did/said was because they had alterior motives. dont do it, friends flirt all the time, its part of the friendship. if they wanted to date you, they'd near-jump you.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
krystalp said:
a best friend asked me out once, it was tragic. we'd been joined at the hip for 2 years, and we never talked again. it was akward....and you look back on all the things you did together and shudder, wondering if everything they did/said was because they had alterior motives. dont do it, friends flirt all the time, its part of the friendship. if they wanted to date you, they'd near-jump you.

Something similar happened to me. I'd known the guy for half my life and he was my best male friend (note: was), then we went out for three months and now, two years later we hardly talk and when we do the conversation dissolves after about 2 minutes...

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I've got some really close male friends... I went out with one of them, but it was expected. We broke up, and we're still really close, but we didn't really break up on a bad note. It was the whole long distance thing that fucked it up. I'd say it's worth a shot if you think you can still be friends afterwards... Sex changes everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)