How many RELATED TEXTS do we need? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
G'day, overall, for ext. 1 english, how many related texts do we need, and which modules do they have to be related to?

i'm doing spec. fiction and i was told i need 3 related texts for this module alone, is that true?

thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
G'day, overall, for ext. 1 english, how many related texts do we need, and which modules do they have to be related to?

i'm doing spec. fiction and i was told i need 3 related texts for this module alone, is that true?

thanks
Hi BlackDragon,

As far as the actual HSC(and trial) essays go you will be required to use 2 or 3(depends on question, argument style, depth etc.) related pieces. However over the course of the entire year(for every Ext 1 module) you must investigate many more texts - some teachers reccomend reading/watching another piece of material each week(though I think thats overdoing it a little) in addition to the rest of your studies.

Hope this helps:)

HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:

thanks
Something that concerns me slightly is the phrase "I need 3 related texts for this module alone", which implies to me that you'll be studying more than one EE1 module. Not true - whilst in Eng Adv you have three modules, in EE1 you only study ONE. :)

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
I used two. Three texts is too much to go into sufficient depth. Markers look for depth, not quick overviews.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
What elective are you doing? The reason I ask this is that if you are doing a theory-heavy module, like the Postmodernism one, you will also need to refer to the major literary theorists and know their arguments at least superficially to gain good marks.
I believe that is course wide(I could be wrong though since I know little of I&S or RFTG) but certainly in the Genre module and all of its electives you must do all of the things you have mentioned in your post in order to achieve highly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)