How much does the average Vet earn? (1 Viewer)

stuck bubblegum

HSC
N/A
I'm really hopeing that i get into Sydney Uni for Vet Science but how much do they earn? Some people say they get heaps while others say they get nothing. Hope i make it regardless.:)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
So you choose your career based on pay?
For a veterinarian, pay depends also on your age as well. It's roughly $1200 a week (Job Market guide) but bear in mind that vets are known to be working long-hours.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I wouldnt choose a course by the amount of money you will earn do it coz u want to help animals in your case etc...what i ahev heard is that they are not the highest paying job around considering how much you will work and what you will go through...but money isnt everyting and you should do what intrests you

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Hmm...
I'm not sure, but i presume you could google it/ mycareer.com it.
It's about job satisfation, not about pay [i'm one to talk haha..:p]...
and well... that guy from Harrys Practice [cant remember his name... think it starts with H?] looks fufiled pretty fufiled sticking the thermometer up the animals rectum...

haha :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
It always amazes me how vets can take care of a whole variety of domestic animals whereas doctors can only take care of humans. It's not like every animal is the same in structure.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
And they spend approximately the same amount oftime at uni, perhaps a bit less...
or maybe 8293132 years less.

But you still need an astounding UAI...

i guess theres no way for the animal to complain if the vet's sticking the u-know-what up the wrong you-know-where.

The thermometer of course....

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Sparcod said:
It always amazes me how vets can take care of a whole variety of domestic animals whereas doctors can only take care of humans. It's not like every animal is the same in structure.

I think thats the reason the vet uai is a lot higher than a doctor....i wanted to be a vet but the uai kinda deterred me...i knew i wouldnt get 98.whatever.....but yes i think thats why its harder coz in a humanthe heart is always (well meant to be) in the same place but it is different in 100's of different species

Season

HSC
I THINK, its about 50-60,000 as an average if you are in private practice. HOWEVER vets also work very long hours, and the hours can be a bit unpredictable as well.

Basically if you want to be a vet, it has to be for the love of animals because there is much more money to be made in other fields.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)