• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How Much Does The Uai Change From 2004-2006? (1 Viewer)

melaniegoss

HSC
In the SAM test, it shows the results according to the scaling from 2004. If i am chosing which subjust to do determined by which scales higher, is this an accurate way to chose(i am completely stuck between the 2).
Also, if one scales higher in 2004, how do i know or how can i find out if it will stay similar when i do my HSC in 2008??? This is between ohysics and French continuers, which from year to year change in scaling. I want to do the hight scalinf=g course.. whish one do i chose???:confused:

webby234

HSC
N/A
Don't choose based on scaling - consider other factors, such as which will help you more in future uni/career, which one you think you're better at, which will require more work etc. All scaling does is makes the system fair - it is easier to do well compared to the rest of the state in a poorly scaling course.

The answer to your question though - for courses of large candidature such as those two, it is unlikely there will be huge changes in scaling over a few years.

T

Testpilot

I do Japanese Continuers and Physics. Physics is less work because you don't have to remember the numerous grammar structures and 60 or so pages of vocabulary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)