• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how much is the cost? (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

heys pplz

i'm yr 12 now..

in uni how much does it cost on average for a course in uni..with right amount of uai??

or how much does it cost for a full paying student liek the average amount??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm presuming you're asking how much HECS is...it depends on the units you take.

"In 2004, the full-time full year contributions for each band are:

Band 1 $3 768 Arts, Humanities, Social Studies/Behavioural Sciences, Education, Visual/Performing Arts, Nursing, Justice and Legal Studies

Band 2 $5 367 Mathematics, Computing, other Health Sciences, Agriculture/Renewable Resources, Built Environment/Architecture, Sciences, Engineering/Processing, Administration, Business and Economics

Band 3 $6 283 Law, Medicine, Medical Science, Dentistry, Dental Services and Veterinary Science"

However, you need to take into account that you will most probably suffer the 25% increase.

You also need to budget for textbooks, and various other course requirements (eg for biology I had to purchase a sexy labcoat and disecting kit)

Plus, theres various other costs: transport, food, accomodation (if you are leaving home), parking fees, general service fees, etc.

http://www.hecs.gov.au/

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To be honest nobody can say, because the Tertiary Education "reforms" have made the system infinitely more complex - so much so that UAC can't even publish the HECS info in the guide. Compare that to every year since the HECS system was established, when the information could be explained in only two paragraphs.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
med is now $8100 @ adel (HECS)

full fee med in melb uni is 35/yr (210Kfor the course)

luckyduck

outta ur opinion,
liek i wanna do accounting or commerence with major in accounting
but i didnt have enough uai

would it be heaps more cheaper if i went to a college thats like probabli 9000bucks or something than go to a first year in uni and transfer?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
if you went to a college you would qualify for a diploma or adv. diploma right?? (not sure how colleges work...) if it is a diploma, then i think the cheaper option would be to just go to tafe.

the other option as you mentioned would be to do a degree your not particularly interested in and try to transfer after first year. keep in mind that your transfer isn't guaranteed and you might not do particularly well in those subjects because your simply not interested in them (or on the other hand you could do really well... :S)

*insert mq plug here:*have you considered MQ uni? we have an internal trasnfer policy and if you pass your subjects, you *should* be able to transfer provided you meet the transfer criteria.

you should really weigh out your options. do you think you can do well in a degree your remotely interested in? or do you think you could do much better and get competitive enough grades to qualify for a commerce degree at a college/tafe in a field which you are interested in? also, are you willing to fork out the 9k or so for a college?

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Last session cost $2888.06....:p
This won't be the last time I post that amount up on this board. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)