How much more interesting is HSC Physics than Prelim? (2 Viewers)

Marc26

HSC
Hey guys,
Right now, my passion in physics is quite low. I am in year 11. So soon I must decide whether or not to continue with Physics for my HSC.
I didn't like World Communicates or Electricity in the Home. Moving about is okay, I like it as it has more maths involved.
My question is, what are the topics for hsc physics like? I know there are optional topics - I'm unsure what our school will pick. I'll have to ask.
But since most of you have done or are currently completing the HSC course, is it any better than the prelim course?
Any advice, information or tips on what the course is like, what I should, etc, etc - would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Both years of Physics are rather bland, in my opinion (except maybe M+G in Year 12). It's interesting enough though, but you'll need excellent writing skills/exam technique to do well, given so much of it's content (rather than concept) based.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
hsc physics is more interesting than prelim physics imo

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of difficulty, it's on par but although I can't compare them well since my teacher sucks and I pretty much self study while he rambles on about random stuff, HSC course is a tad more interesting than the Preliminary course (personal opinion). Being able to do an option topic that YOU like is also essential since it would be much more interesting for you.

I personally like space and motors and generators where ideas to implementation is a lot of rote learning...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You say you like Moving About because there's a bit more maths involved...

Yeah, unfortunately HSC Physics hasn't got a lot of maths. But I thought HSC Physics was better than Prelim due to the harder material, plus I thought it was overall more interesting.

Roy216

HSC
i find hsc physics alot more interesting, i went from 40-50% in prelims to 75% in my hsc semester 1 report, mainly because it was enjoyable but also because i actually did work :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)