how much should I charge for private tutoring? (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

HSC
I don't really know how much i should charge since i havent really done it yet so i lowk have no experience of like formal tutoring. What should i be charging?
I think average is around ~50-60 / hour but how much should someone with my results + experience be charging. I think i can teach well but idk.
So theres liek two groups of students:
1) just random people iv'e never met so it's easier to charge whatever i want. should i be charging market rates of like 50-60 per hours which they would accept because of my results BUT i dont have much experience teaching which is literally the job?
2) what about for family friends. Theres a couple that want to be tutored by me so their parents were asking me how much i would charge /hour but it feels a bit weird to be charging them in the first place but I dont want to like overcharge but also dont wanna trivialise my time spent as well but the thought of charging market rate already makes me feel like a middle aged capitalist who has no remorse for anyone and just cares about money which i do not want to become so yeah.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I don't really know how much i should charge since i havent really done it yet so i lowk have no experience of like formal tutoring. What should i be charging?
I think average is around ~50-60 / hour but how much should someone with my results + experience be charging. I think i can teach well but idk.
1) just random people iv'e never met so it's easier to charge whatever i want. should i be charging market rates of like 50-60 per hours which they would accept because of my results BUT i dont have much experience teaching which is literally the job?
2) what about for family friends. Theres a couple that want to be tutored by me so their parents were asking me how much i would charge /hour but it feels a bit weird to be charging them in the first place but I dont want to like overcharge but also dont wanna trivialise my time spent as well but the thought of charging market rate already makes me feel like a middle aged capitalist who has no remorse for anyone and just cares about money which i do not want to become so yeah.
I get charged in the 100s from some of my tutors. I'd rec if u have an atar over 99.00, then 100-150, 200 if you're really passionate about a subject and you have accolade that can evidence the steep pricing as reasonable. Give the parents a small like 5% discount or something. Don't go overboard w the discounts.

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
So essentially, 99.35~ 130-135$ range

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I get charged in the 100s from some of my tutors. I'd rec if u have an atar over 99.00, then 100-150, 200 if you're really passionate about a subject and you have accolade that can evidence the steep pricing as reasonable. Give the parents a small like 5% discount or something. Don't go overboard w the discounts.
that's insane lmao, i have an atar of over 99 and i got decent for english (which i tutor in) and i charge around 60-65/hr
i don't think you should charge 100+ unless you state ranked, feels like a scam if they did
synthesis 50-60/hr sounds good

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
1. 50-60/hr is a decent rate especially since i see a lot of people charge 80-90, if you want experience teaching you could also maybe apply to centres to get some experience or maybe have some free trial lessons with students to gauge your teaching?
2) if they're family friends it would be fine to give them a bit of a discount by 5-10 bucks but yeah this is essentially a job where you are giving up your time so you also need to make sure you're getting compensated for that

synthesisFR

HSC
1. 50-60/hr is a decent rate especially since i see a lot of people charge 80-90, if you want experience teaching you could also maybe apply to centres to get some experience or maybe have some free trial lessons with students to gauge your teaching?
2) if they're family friends it would be fine to give them a bit of a discount by 5-10 bucks but yeah this is essentially a job where you are giving up your time so you also need to make sure you're getting compensated for that
DMS ASAP

HSC
N/A
that's insane lmao, i have an atar of over 99 and i got decent for english (which i tutor in) and i charge around 60-65/hr
i don't think you should charge 100+ unless you state ranked, feels like a scam if they did
synthesis 50-60/hr sounds good
STFU ur basically paying them atp ROBBERY FROM THE CLIENT IN BROAD FUDGING DAYLIGHT ISTG - AS A 99.05 ATAR SIGMA U GYATT TO BE CHARGING THESE BETAS AT THE LEAST $160 TF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)