• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How similar is 4U maths to physics? (1 Viewer)

Hehehe22

HSC
Hey, so I picked up 4U maths this term because I was doing well in 3U and wanted a challenge. In contrast, I was only averaging in physics (although partly because my teacher is extremely boring) so I dropped it, and I thought I was rid of it until I realised that 4U ALSO HAS A TON OF PHYSICS!! Advanced mechanics and such.

I guess I don't hate physics, but I'm not great at it either, so can someone tell me whether it's a bad idea to keep doing 4U?

C2H6O

HSC
You should find 4U maths fun if you did well in 3u. In terms of physics-y 4U, it’s pretty different from physics as it’s calculus based (integrating a lot and some differentiation). You are working with the horizontal and vertical components like in phys, and yes it can be challenging, but I think you should give it a try, it’s definitely not the hardest topic in 4U, as it’s only 1 module. I’d say go for it!

Hehehe22

HSC
You should find 4U maths fun if you did well in 3u. In terms of physics-y 4U, it’s pretty different from physics as it’s calculus based (integrating a lot and some differentiation). You are working with the horizontal and vertical components like in phys, and yes it can be challenging, but I think you should give it a try, it’s definitely not the hardest topic in 4U, as it’s only 1 module. I’d say go for it!
Thanks for the advice! That does make sense since I don't hear many people comparing 4U to physics. I'll probably keep it for now. Also, you do accelerated 4U? That's crazy

C2H6O

HSC
Our school is so bad at physics compared to other subjects that it is a mortal sin, and I didn't think I could bear another lesson...
Dw, while they do complement each other only 2/6 of the ppl in my 4U class did phys

synthesisFR

afterhscivemostlybeentrollingdonttakeitsrsly
HSC
Hey, so I picked up 4U maths this term because I was doing well in 3U and wanted a challenge. In contrast, I was only averaging in physics (although partly because my teacher is extremely boring) so I dropped it, and I thought I was rid of it until I realised that 4U ALSO HAS A TON OF PHYSICS!! Advanced mechanics and such.

I guess I don't hate physics, but I'm not great at it either, so can someone tell me whether it's a bad idea to keep doing 4U?
it should have legit no effect tbh
the only topic where you would need to understand physics related stuff is Mechanics. that is comprised of stuff like horizontal/vertical and projectile motion. all of these should be taught to u in a way where you do not need any prerequisite knowledge. theres also those like force questions/ pulley stuff that kinda also is partly vectors but it should also be pre easy. its not really too difficult to learn since the way you do physics q in the hsc is very different to the way 4u math does it.

Hehehe22

HSC
it should have legit no effect tbh
the only topic where you would need to understand physics related stuff is Mechanics. that is comprised of stuff like horizontal/vertical and projectile motion. all of these should be taught to u in a way where you do not need any prerequisite knowledge. theres also those like force questions/ pulley stuff that kinda also is partly vectors but it should also be pre easy. its not really too difficult to learn since the way you do physics q in the hsc is very different to the way 4u math does it.
Thanks, I have noticed that the maths in physics is kinda different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)