How to do Feature Articals (with Jane Eyre) (1 Viewer)

Lizzie

My English teacher is CRUD!
I have to do a feature artical on Jane Eyre with my audience being the year about to do Jane Eyre (ie. Year 11).
Its got to be 500 words and I've got to outline different readings (I'm going to do the red room and one of the proposels). It's basically got to be an introductory for Jane Eyre.

So can anyone help me with:
#How to do feature articals
#How to do a feature artical on Jane Eyre
#I have no idea about sub-headings
#A good main heading

ANY COMMENTS WILL ME A GREAT HELP! SO SAY ANYTHING, ANY IDEAS.

So far I have,
HSC students are divided into groups that are studying Jane Eyre and those who haven't. (I got that off the Lord of the Rings cover, hehehe)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Feature Article

Feature Articles.. hmm there's a lot of detail there :p

Essentially a feature article is what you'd find in a magazine or in one of those liftout newspaper thingies.. they're semi-formal and sometimes colloquial, are focussed on one thing, event, style, type, object, and are informative and interesting.

A FA is more or less in essay form (intro, body, conclusion) but it's less formal and attempts to create more emotional rapport with the reader than the average essay. Usually uses humour and anecdotes, exclamation marks and that sort of thing. Avoid smileys if you're used to typing.. no, seriously. :uhhuh:

Umm... maybe one of these days I'll type up a 'what is a feature article as (finally) figured out by a year twelve student'. For the moment that'll have to do (my friend is sitting next to me thinking I'm crazy.)

I can't help with Jane Eyre since I didn't study it and only read it once and didn't like it very much. :D

Sub headings are just that - sub (under) headings. Umm.. they break down a single heading into different points. How about this outline example:

Music in the 21st century (heading)
- Pop music (subheading)
* Avril Lavigne... (item/paragraph)
* Hanson..
* other crappy pop artists..
- Crazy Wacko Indian Festival Tribal Music
* James King's Singing

etc.

Please don't kill me james :D :chainsaw:

HTH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)