• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to dye my hair white/grey (2 Viewers)

datAsianGuy

over school
HSC
hey, Ive tried before and bleached my hair, cept Im Asian decent and my black hair is way hard to strip colour out of, even with straight peroxide. How is the best way to dye my hair grey or white??

Thanks guys... Oh yeah, add pictures too if you can :)

illodous

Angels...
HSC
datAsianGuy said:
hey, Ive tried before and bleached my hair, cept Im Asian decent and my black hair is way hard to strip colour out of, even with straight peroxide. How is the best way to dye my hair grey or white??

I think.. um.. you should be happy with your hair the way it is :)

datAsianGuy

over school
HSC
Thanks guys... Oh yeah, add pictures too if you can
yeah... I know... but its boring, straight and black..... I need change

HSC
I'm Asian and I wanted white hair at one stage.
I tried to dye my hair white a year or so ago using the strongest hair salon strength hair bleach, i went over the previously bleached bits 4-5 times over a month and left the bleach in 3 times longer than recommended and after the whole ordeal, i ended up with BROWN

FVCKING BROWN!

my words of advice... don't bother. :)

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
datAsianGuy said:

Get it professionally done, its a multistage thing that you cant really do yourself if you want to go white or silver from dark.

it's worth it.

shortie_689

HSC
Asian Hair Is made up of blue and red colouring generally so when you try to die your hair blonder you originally strip the blue out leaving the red hence u always see asians with Red or Orange sometimes even Yellow hair... I learnt about different hair types when I worked with loreal in the hair aisle at my work it was always best to recommend that Asians that are serious about going blonde or white in ur case would be best advised to see a hair dresser as they can do it best an you will get a more desirable result... the idea is to do it in stages but you will there for go through the awful colour stages but get wat you want in the end hope that helps

just something else to add you will no longer have shiny silky hair if that is wat you have how it will become roughy dry an dead by bleaching hair you strip all the moisture out there for killin it. It may even become frizzy

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
professionally done is the way to go...

have u thought about regrowth?

theres a japanese hairdye called Palty, i think you can find it in the city or in asian supermarket stores, otherwise you gotta order it off ebay or find someone who sells them. It hair dye suited for asian hair colour.

heres a pic of the palty for girls, theres one for guys too

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
My hair is naturally turning white/grey, not sure what's going on there.

Nam - Just ask some hair professionals and seek advice for hair. Lol.

HSC
datAsianGuy said:

Give me lots and lots of money and i will personally forsee that it goes white/grey.

Takes a while though, all those 'quick fix' solutions don't last, and they're bad for your hair. :p

cataleptic

HSC
Yeah definetly go to a professional hairdresser and see what they can do.

I've had my hair dyed black for a while, and I bleached parts of it not too long ago to dye it pink, and yeah - I had to bleach it 5 times to get it to a shade of orange/yellow. Big no-no if you actually want to keep your hair.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
datAsianGuy said:
Thanks guys... Oh yeah, add pictures too if you can
yeah... I know... but its boring, straight and black..... I need change
I'm interested in white hair too.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
like everyone else said, get it done professionally. otherwise you'll just end up with a nasty orange-blonde colour and hair that breaks off and falls out from all the bleach.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
sorry, but purposely dying your hair white/grey just sounds weird :confused:

ps. why bump up a thread from 05? SO long ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)