• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to get 15 marks...? (1 Viewer)

Vicsta

HSC
having just read the marking centres notes marking criteria from 03-05 on area of study paper 1, to receive in the top band (besides having a tip top essay) it says student explores the concept of the journey perceptively... now does anyone know how to articulate the concept of journey without sounding like a complete idiot or goin on for a page an a half?? if so spread your knowledge for the less fortunate ones like myself...:p

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
actually no, the most efficient and articulate way is to use characterisation to highlight textual techniques to highlight the process and/or destination of journeys. complex stuff but say for e.g. er

the alliterative assertion "wander where they will" imparts metrical emphasis on "will" highlighting the permanence of the nexus between swans and passion

just do something similar for journeys. technique, its effect, and relevance (characterisation is for when you're exploring fictional texts with protagonists as opposed to non-fiction text types_

hannahxxx

HSC
What bobness says is totally correct. As you identified you don't have time to rattle on about the concept of the journey-so don't-just link technique to how it represents the imag/phys/inner journey in a very FLUID manner (I did this for my imag journey essay and always got 15). You will find that you'll be exploring the concept of the jounrey via answering the essay question.

This year's journeys q was straight from the syllabus wording-syllabus: "imaginative journeys take us into worlds of imagination, SPECULATION and inspiration."
The 2006 hsc q was "More than anything else, imaginative journeys are about the process of SPECULATION. Do you agree?"

By Including the phrases from the syllabus in the essay and you will:
a) Be VERY well prepared for the question
b) Be highlighting your knowledge of the concept of the journey

P.S. You don't have to be good at english to get 15/15. You just have to be prepared to rework the damned thing, get the teacher to check/recheck it and make sure it is very succint and is built around techniques

Lol. Must look at date of question before I reply. Neways this should help 2007ers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)