how to get a good ATAR (1 Viewer)

jhwood

HSC
I've basically done terribly in three assessment tasks so far which is very unlike me but i have had personal issues interfering with school recently. My past results show that i have the ability to do much much better and i am completely committed to school now. Hypothetically, if I get 95% on each HSC exam, and the same on the remainder of my assessment tasks, is there any way at ALL i can make up for those 3 bad scores? Is there anyway around it or can I redo the tasks on the basis of my personal issues of the time. Basically I was very near to suicide after having attempted it before, but luckily with medication and psychiatric help i'm on the path to recovery. My education means so much to me and i would rather study what i want in university next year than repeat year 12. Thankyou soo much (even though i know there is probably no solution =P haha)
btw i do english advanced, english extension 1, english extension 2, biology, modern history, ancient history, drama

Ferox

HSC
Crudely speaking, a 15% assessment in a 2U subject is worth 7.5% of that course, which is 1.5% of your overall HSC. Those 3 bad scores are insignificant really. So yes, you can quite easily get a great ATAR. And even if you did get a bad ATAR you can still choose another degree at uni and transfer, or use flexible entry, or do a post-grad, and so on.

If you're suffering from depression, you can talk to the school about applying for special provitions or bonus marks.

Last edited:

William kamel

HSC
I've basically done terribly in three assessment tasks so far which is very unlike me but i have had personal issues interfering with school recently. My past results show that i have the ability to do much much better and i am completely committed to school now. Hypothetically, if I get 95% on each HSC exam, and the same on the remainder of my assessment tasks, is there any way at ALL i can make up for those 3 bad scores? Is there anyway around it or can I redo the tasks on the basis of my personal issues of the time. Basically I was very near to suicide after having attempted it before, but luckily with medication and psychiatric help i'm on the path to recovery. My education means so much to me and i would rather study what i want in university next year than repeat year 12. Thankyou soo much (even though i know there is probably no solution =P haha)
btw i do english advanced, english extension 1, english extension 2, biology, modern history, ancient history, drama
Trial and HSC, most important. The rest = try ur best even if u get 50%, u can still make it up big time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)