How to get faster at complex numbers (1 Viewer)

rizzbean123

HSC
Im starting ext 2 in tutor, while im in class their are like some accelreated students gapping me making me feel like the work is impossible, but when I go home and do the homework its not too hard. Are there any topics that I need to revise from year 10 or 11 that will help me get faster? like polynomials or smth like that

liamkk112

HSC
Im starting ext 2 in tutor, while im in class their are like some accelreated students gapping me making me feel like the work is impossible, but when I go home and do the homework its not too hard. Are there any topics that I need to revise from year 10 or 11 that will help me get faster? like polynomials or smth like that
well yes polynomials are very useful for a lot of complex numbers questions, i'd recommend revising it if you've forget things like sum of roots. but don't let other people dictate your confidence level, they've probably self studied the work before tutoring and it's not their first time doing the topic, so naturally they will be faster. however, if you continue to practice and do homework, questions from past papers, etc, then you will be able to get up to their skill level, but don't be intimidated that other people are faster when they've probably put in 15-20 more hours of work than you

Chiprr

HSC
Polynomials, definitely useful to understand very well and some trig graph properties (when it's increasing, when it's positive, etc.) to make statements for polynomials where to have to show a specific solution for a specific angle through de moivres (don't think I explained that well but I'm going through it now with my tutor to get better)

Susu123

HSC
revise some circle geometry stuff, you will need it for complex as well
revise geometry rules and stuff in general tbh (eg diagonals of rhombus bisect, blah blah) for the later topics

idkkdi

HSC
imo just do complex number qs ull pick up the relevant knowledge. maybe consider going through terry lee if u want to do qs fast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)