how to get out of a slump/bad routine (1 Viewer)

neptoons

HSC
hey
last year i had a pretty bad go with procrastination etc. i got average grades and this year i'm falling back into my old routine of procrastination and doing nothing then feeling bad about it:p
how do i get out of this??
Thanks!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
hey
last year i had a pretty bad go with procrastination etc. i got average grades and this year i'm falling back into my old routine of procrastination and doing nothing then feeling bad about it:p
Thanks!
as cliche as it is, there's no real way except starting. Just start doing some kind of work, you don't need to start studying 10 hrs a day off the bat (I advise against it since you'll get exhausted real quick and fall back into your cycle of procrastination). Make sure you reward yourself for completing some form of study, e.g 30 mins of maths, 20 mins of english etc. and then you just keep on building from there once you get used to it; 30 mins of maths goes to 1 hour of maths.

Its something you build over time so you have to be patient with it. All the best!

4321suomynona

HSC
hey
Thanks!
Id reccomend taking one day aside just to sit down and reflect on ur goals. What is it that you wanna pursue in Uni? maybe engineering? maybe Law? maybe even arts? or maybe med? But whatever it is, find out or atleast have a good idea. Then find out what atar u require to do that course. For example, If you wanna do med, ur gonna have to look up at the 98s+ possibly near 99 to be safe depending on what uni you wanna go to. And after you figure out that then set ur study routine which you think will help u achieve that atar (obv the higher the atar the more study and dedication required). Remind yourself why you wanna do what you wanna do and keep grinding to achieve as near as you can to your target. Maybe if you wanna do like education or sumn ur alr at ur atar level ig and you dont need to study so hard now. Hope this helps buddy. Less geddit

xibu34

HSC
hey
Thanks!
Try progressive overloading. start with a relatively small amount of study, let's say half an hour (could be entirely different for you) and slowly increase your daily study time by 5-10 minutes each day. After doing this for a while you should be fairly comfortable doing around 1-2 hours of study.

Also try the Pomodoro technique that's quite useful to combat procrastination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)