How to manage the work load every night? (1 Viewer)

Liam4

HSC
To anyone who's experienced Year 11 or 12, how much time should I spend on homework, assignments and study time? Should I spend more time doing homework than studying? Should I break up my assignment into little pieces that I need to complete every night; or should I spend a night working a lot on the assignment and then revise on it later on?

vinlatte

HSC
To anyone who's experienced Year 11 or 12, how much time should I spend on homework, assignments and study time? Should I spend more time doing homework than studying? Should I break up my assignment into little pieces that I need to complete every night; or should I spend a night working a lot on the assignment and then revise on it later on?
Don't pressure yourself to study every night, that'll be way too much work. It really depends on when homework is assigned, or when you want to revise on work after a lesson.

Studying consistently throughout the year is more beneficial than cramming before exams. But it's also not good to overwork yourself. Take breaks, rest well. Homework and revision are meant to assist you, not overwhelm you.

ultra908

HSC
It really depends on your own learning style. I for one like to complete big chunks of a task at a time, but others work better by splitting something up alot. The only thing to maintain is consistency: ideally you want to be doing some type of study/revision for every subject every week (no matter how little), to minimise cramming later on. Even a look back at class notes improves retention.

Liam4

HSC
After I've made my notes for a certain topic, how frequently should I visit them? Should I constantly re read my
Don't pressure yourself to study every night, that'll be way too much work. It really depends on when homework is assigned, or when you want to revise on work after a lesson.

Studying consistently throughout the year is more beneficial than cramming before exams. But it's also not good to overwork yourself. Take breaks, rest well. Homework and revision are meant to assist you, not overwhelm you.
I was thinking over this today, and I have another question. How frequently should I revisit my notes when studying for all six of my subjects? I'd have a lot of notes to read over; should I read my previous notes frequently as I continue writing up new notes? Or do I finish all my notes first and then revise them alongside practice q's?

vinlatte

HSC
After I've made my notes for a certain topic, how frequently should I visit them? Should I constantly re read my

I was thinking over this today, and I have another question. How frequently should I revisit my notes when studying for all six of my subjects? I'd have a lot of notes to read over; should I read my previous notes frequently as I continue writing up new notes? Or do I finish all my notes first and then revise them alongside practice q's?
Ideally it would be good to continue reading previous notes, however it will start to pile up as you progress in the year and it'll be too much to read. So reading notes relevant to the current topics, especially the tested topics in assignments and exams, would be more helpful.

The basics of a subject become easier to remember when it connects to further topics; so if you really need to cram in content, it's not necessary to relearn what you confidently know.

For note-taking, make it concise and clear. Write statements rather than paragraphs. Highlight key metalanguage and write simple definitions. Make word connections to visually memorise words. It'll make it easier to skim through notes and strengthen memory recall, making it quicker to revise through notes.

Liam4

HSC
Ideally it would be good to continue reading previous notes, however it will start to pile up as you progress in the year and it'll be too much to read. So reading notes relevant to the current topics, especially the tested topics in assignments and exams, would be more helpful.

The basics of a subject become easier to remember when it connects to further topics; so if you really need to cram in content, it's not necessary to relearn what you confidently know.

For note-taking, make it concise and clear. Write statements rather than paragraphs. Highlight key metalanguage and write simple definitions. Make word connections to visually memorise words. It'll make it easier to skim through notes and strengthen memory recall, making it quicker to revise through notes.
Thank you so much for your help!

1-99

HSC
N/A
Personally I will write concise notes and revise them on a weekly basis. Helps keep it fresh in my mind! I will also try and write notes in different colours – I'm a visual learner and it helps me to remember things more this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)