How to not feel stressed during the exam? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,
Lately I've been really stressed out with all these HSC exams and assignments. I study really hard for exams because I stress out so much, but during the exams I tend to panic, and get memory blanks or not be able to think clearly impacting on how well I do. for example, a recent English exam I did. I studied for days, spent all my time on it (I know, really bad time management!) but in the exam, I was feeling stressed and despite all the work I did studying for it, wasn't able to answer the questions very well, and struggled to answer it. another exam, I'd done practice on the same question, but after writing my first paragraph realised I didn't answer the question!
I need to know how to manage stress for upcoming exams as I have so many coming in the next 2 weeks.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
EAT WELL. EXERCISE. SLEEP WELL. And take breaks - do something that puts you into your comfort zone. .e.g I listen to music hang with friends and 30 MINUTES before every exam i listen to music and ignore any questions+negativity in regards to the exam (that's just me personally); but it tends to work out for me

Like english - I always stress how am I gonna write this essay in class given 50mins and I haven't even remembered my key notes ... The next day.. Somehow it just gets to me. I guess just be calm and try to go into the exam with confidence rather than a suicide mission

HSC is a game of mental capacity - there is no excuse for not good enough. Without attitude, you cannot study well.

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
Like astroman said, you should make a study timetable that lists what you are going to do on each day for the next few weeks, and when you are going to do it e.g. 8-10pm, English, or something like that. This will save a lot of stress as the exam day approaches which will allow you to focus on other things like practicing exam papers, exam technique and how to answer the question the way the markers want you to answer it, rather than learning the content days before. Get the latter out of the way early so that you can focus on other things.

As for during the exam, take a deep breath before the exam and space out for a little bit. It's important to remain calm during the exam so that you can focus on getting the marks and answer the question. As long as you have studied and know your stuff, you should have a good idea of what to write and this will save you a lot of stress during the exam. Get plenty of sleep the day before (not too much, 8-9 hours sounds good) and have a proper breakfast, not bacon and eggs or anything that isn't brain food. Maintaining your health is a key component of success for your exams. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)