How to prepare for year 12 (1 Viewer)

HSC
So basically year 12 is starting in 3 or so weeks and things are starting to get serious. My subjects for next year are 3u math, adv eng, bio, chem and pdhpe. I also have been lowk practising for UCAT. If someone could give me any advice on how to prepare for these subjects or any specific things i should do, that would be amazing.

Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
A potential thing you could do is write your notes for your subjects for the first module so you're set for the term. This helps with repetition so you learn it by yourself and then again in class and then again for the assessment.

If you do this, use multiple sources for your notes, so you can gain full understanding and have in-depth notes rather than just straight copy pasting from one source. Write down some questions maybe that you can research or ask your teacher in advance, or maybe just have the questions written down for when you get to that topic in class.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
A potential thing you could do is write your notes for your subjects for the first module so you're set for the term. This helps with repetition so you learn it by yourself and then again in class and then again for the assessment.

If you do this, use multiple sources for your notes, so you can gain full understanding and have in-depth notes rather than just straight copy pasting from one source. Write down some questions maybe that you can research or ask your teacher in advance, or maybe just have the questions written down for when you get to that topic in class.
THIS will save a bunch of time during the school term when revising for exams etc, I recommend

HSC

Would you reccomend typing notes up and then closer to the exam physically writing summaries of some sort. This year for biology i had typed notes and for chem i had written notes (class work) and they both seemed to work fine for me however in the case of biology i had already finished the module's notes in the holidays prior (digitally) and found it easier to just add any new content from class. however if i would you write notes right now it would be hard to add anything new (even through i would be using loose leaf paper). So what do you reccomend in respect to these two subjects?

HSC
I am also a bit lost with what to do for math
i have all the content from 2U and 3U down however i am not 100% confident in it. Is it recommended that before year 12 i refine my year 11 math knowledge (considering 30% of year 11 is testable in the HSC) or should i get ahead on year 12 content and grind year 11 stuff before trials?
Also how can i prepare for english?

d1zzyohs

HSC
i have all the content from 2U and 3U down however i am not 100% confident in it. Is it recommended that before year 12 i refine my year 11 math knowledge (considering 30% of year 11 is testable in the HSC) or should i get ahead on year 12 content and grind year 11 stuff before trials?
English = essays, essays, essay,
Maths EXT 1 = revise your combs, and keep your probability on point. functions too. combs appear the most in hsc, and can be mixed with integration and differentiation for difficult questions.
Maths ADV = papers, papers, papers. Maths Advanced is stupid easy as long as you solve a bajillion papers.

DON'T SLACK OFF TERM 4. YOUR MARKS WILL COME AND HAUNT YOU.
good luck :)

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
combs appear the most in hsc, and can be mixed with integration and differentiation for difficult questions.
combs and integration together sounds like hell. what do those questions look like?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Would you reccomend typing notes up and then closer to the exam physically writing summaries of some sort. This year for biology i had typed notes and for chem i had written notes (class work) and they both seemed to work fine for me however in the case of biology i had already finished the module's notes in the holidays prior (digitally) and found it easier to just add any new content from class. however if i would you write notes right now it would be hard to add anything new (even through i would be using loose leaf paper). So what do you reccomend in respect to these two subjects?
For bio I wrote the notes. Can't remember what I did in the short holiday, but in the long summer holiday I wrote notes for the entire bio course (wanted to do the same for other subjects but bludged too much). Don't really think it matters if you write or type it, just depends on your preference. Writing might help you memorise it easier but on the other hand, typing is faster and easier to edit (I do notice when I sometimes type uni notes, I'm just mindlessly typing and not thinking). For physics I just used tutoring notes/online notes so yeah the point is it doesn't really matter, ur choice.

I didn't study ahead at all for maths and I believe you don't need to as it's the easiest subject to study for in my opinion. The reason I say this is because other subjects u gotta memorise content every exam AND do past papers whereas maths u kinda just learn the content once then do past papers + learn from mistakes/improve.

I have no tips for english, useless subject. I just wrote quotes + analysis and spam linked to the question and it somehow worked so idk, if you don't have a tutor or a really good teacher all you can do is ask students who are doing good to read their essays (if they don't snake u) and compare wtf they are doing that you aren't doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)