• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to score good grades in exams?Share your secrets here. (1 Viewer)

zaadee

HSC
How to score good grades in exams?Share your secrets here.
What is the most efficient way to do revision besides taking down notes?
Group study?
Time management?
Burn the midnight oil?
And how many hours do u spend daily on doing revision(not including doing homework)?Usually in the afternoon or at night?

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
i think if you can somehow apply the knowledge you learn in some practical, real life situations, it'll really stick with you forever (at least in that semester).

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
I burn the midnight oil before the exams, but that hasn't been that effective. This semester I'm trying to get into the habbit of doing my homework and studying each night...I'll let you know how it works out at the end of the year:rofl:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I am personally quite ashamed that I'm getting a solid credit average with mere cramming and burning the midnight oil during stuvac and exam period. As in, I feel guilty because I know that I probably would've been able to do better if I studied constantly. I'm going to have to start making notes though, now. Yayness. At least I've digested half a lecture so far.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Studying consistently and not leaving assignments or study for exams till the last minute. Less stressful and enables you to remember more.
I havent actually picked up a pen this sem yet, but then again its first week. Will start doing tutorial exercises and notes come on monday, so i dont have to leave it later on.
Group study will rarely work because the study time turns into a social event of some sort.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
If you understand all the stuff thats going to be asked, you don't need to study. Make sure you understand all the stuff in session, then you get a weeks holiday at stuvac time. Works for me anyway.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I crammed a couple of days right before my exam and pulled almost-all-nighters. I still managed to go really well but I am not doing it this semester, I learnt my lesson and it's so not worth the stress and insanity.

I'll probably end up procrastinating all semester anyway, I almost wish I'd gone badly just so I wouldn't do it again. :p

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I crammed a couple of days right before my exam and pulled almost-all-nighters. I still managed to go really well but I am not doing it this semester, I learnt my lesson and it's so not worth the stress and insanity.

I'll probably end up procrastinating all semester anyway, I almost wish I'd gone badly just so I wouldn't do it again. :p
That's exactly the same as me!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i pretty much just take notes in lectures and turn up to most of my classes and generally stay on the ball and thats about all you need to do...at exam time i typed up all my lecture notes into a more coherent form, re-did some readings, skimmed through the ones i never did just to get the gist of them and thats pretty much it, and i ended up with 2 credits, a distinction and a high distinction. as long as you actually turn up to class the majority of the time and make an effort to stay awake and actually learn something you'll have no problems.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i pretty much just take notes in lectures and turn up to most of my classes and generally stay on the ball and thats about all you need to do...at exam time i typed up all my lecture notes into a more coherent form, re-did some readings, skimmed through the ones i never did just to get the gist of them and thats pretty much it, and i ended up with 2 credits, a distinction and a high distinction. as long as you actually turn up to class the majority of the time and make an effort to stay awake and actually learn something you'll have no problems.
I agree with you there but one thing was funny about my results. My highest was Statistics and I studied it off-campus (no classes/lects or anythingg :S). Being Stats it was bad enough but in the end I got 88. Which I was like WAAAAAAH about. But anyway. Yes don't miss out on lectures 'cause notes from the uni website don't replace actually being taught it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)