How to space out what i study?? (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
brodie i did this in yr9 and burnt tf out. its too hard to make a hard plan for everyday as we have commitments dawg and they always come at ungodly times when u only just realise which completely fks the system or 'blocking' ur referring to. Ur better off doing a timer or pref a stopwatch to calculate exactly how much you studied throughout the day. imo asw tho like u should base this on a to do list not by how much time you studied.
yeah this, timetabling is so good. Or even using something like google calendar given that you can sync it to your phone etc, ease of access. Even just blocking in all your essentials makes it so much easier so you know actually how much time you have to study and stuff. But 💯 on the to do list, it can definitely make it much more manageable stress-wise - also what I’ve been recommended a lot

tgone

HSC
i had sort of the same problem in yr12 and to be honest, a strict timetable didn't help me keep accountable at all, just made me feel guilty for not having gotten done what i had scheduled because i got side tracked with something else

obviously this is going to be very personal since it's ultimately a psychological issue, but the main thing to do is just diagnose what you need to get done (x from physics, y from chemistry, z from english etc) and just dedicate a whole study day to put your mind to just figuring that one thing out, whether it be familiarising with theories and mathematics for the light model in physics or getting a good intuition of acid base equilibria in chemistry

you'll receive other advice but i think it is generally best to avoid any type of pomodoro-esque scheduling (or anything that suggests like 1hr X, 1hr Y, 2hr Z etc) as it really detracts from building the intuition/understanding/grasp that you really need to excel easily

tgone

HSC
oh and my apologies to everyone who contributed some way of studying that involved the specific scheduling and timing, i'm aware that works for some people but more often than not (including with a majority of the students I tutor), arbitrary blocks have the effect of breaking the deep focus that you should be aiming for to get an intuition for what you're doing-- this is particularly the case in STEM but since many of the humanities are based on an argument-centric (take a philosophical position and conceptually or historically back it up) it can be even more relevant there!

alternatively, a 'loose' timetable of 'monday: module 6 iq3 physics AND module 5 iq2 chemistry' based on tasks rather than time would be my suggestion

edited because i can't spell and forgot something

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I just went to the library’s almost everyday these holidays from 9-4 hours, lowk more depressing than school but I my friends were w me. Also got kicked out from the uni library never going again 😃

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)