• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to STOP making stupid mistakes!!! (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Did my 2 U test today.

Realised that for an area finding question, I didn't find the point of intersection between two curves. I only found the intercepts and found the areas with those parameters.

How do I stop making these stupid mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jnney

lemon
HSC
Practice, practice, practice. I had the same issue, except with the addition of lack of self confidence. Until someone suggestes so, i hadnt realised. There are also factors such as nervousness. Figure out what's stopping you and addresss these problems

Generaly though careless mistakes are just made by not clearly reading the question etc. So make sure you check your paper over and over again if you have time.

Have a nice night!

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
The more familiar you are with practice questions, the less likely you are to make room for errors.

kooliskool

HSC
Also, I think the most important thing is draw a diagram whenever possible, because they are always the best aid to understand the question better and know what you should find. As you probably have heard already, a picture is worth a thousand words :). After that, I guess there should be no room for silly mistakes anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)