How to write literary world creatives? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi everyone!
I'm currently working on English Extension 1 and I've been struggling a lot with the creative part - I need some guidance on how to write creative responses for the common module (Literary Worlds). I'm a bit unsure about whether I should memorize a response or how to come up with one that works for everything.

Do you have any tips or strategies for crafting creative responses that can be adapted to different prompts? Any advice on this would be appreciated <3

Thanks in advance :)

Canoeboat

HSC
Hi everyone!
I'm currently working on English Extension 1 and I've been struggling a lot with the creative part - I need some guidance on how to write creative responses for the common module (Literary Worlds). I'm a bit unsure about whether I should memorize a response or how to come up with one that works for everything.

Do you have any tips or strategies for crafting creative responses that can be adapted to different prompts? Any advice on this would be appreciated <3

Thanks in advance :)
memorise ur mod c from advanced

elliott07

🌙
HSC
Some guidelines for creative (25 marks)
  • Beginning of the story, INVITE THEM IN.
  • Introduce them to a possibility, place, diegetic space, place, time setting, concrete details
  • Offer a symbol
  • A possibility, exit
  • Challenge <-- (THIS IS IF THE CREATIVE IS 25 MARKS! IF IT IS 15 YOU PROBABLY WONT BE ABLE TO DO THIS)
  • 'IN THE SKIN OF A LION by Michael Ondaatje' <-- A very good example of this.

In the HSC exam you could either get: Creative (25), Creative (15) Reflection (10), Creative (15) Discursive (10)

IF you do get a reflection, make yourself a study sheet like such:

LW - define it

Why do we make them?
How do we make them?

Theoretical Perspectives Examples
  • Maria Popova
  • Aristotle
  • (Darko Suvan)*
  • Heaney
  • Ishiguro
  • Shakespeare <-- "Hold mirror up to nature"
And basically In your own words, what are they saying?.

If you want to memorise a story do not memorise it word for word but I recommend making PLANS so that your not thinking of a whole plot during your exams. And then if you get given a stimulus see how you can reshape it to that stimulus (by doing practice) like don't do the whole paper if you don't have time but see how you would mold it to that extract.

Hope this helps =) !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)