How would I reference this article? (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Malin, M (2003?) Is schooling good for Indigenous children's health? Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal and Tropical Health & Northern Territory University. Website: http://www.aare.edu.au/02pap/mal02185.htm Date accessed: 13/10/09

that looks about right

Last edited:

dyara15

HSC
Thank you for the reply.
If an article was presented at a conference and then uploaded to the internet, is there a specific way of referencing that? Do I need to be at the conference to be able to say that it was presented at the conference? Would I be able to reference it like this

Malin, M. (2002). Is Schooling Good for Indigenous Children's Health? Paper presented at Australian Association for Research in Education Conference (AARE), Brisbane, Queensland, 2002. Website: Research into the nature of Indigenous Education that promotes health Date accessed: 13/10/09

I just can't seem to find what guideline I would need to use when referencing this kind of stuff?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Research into the nature of Indigenous Education that promotes health
https://academicskills.anu.edu.au/resources/handouts/referencing-basics

look at those websites dude for examples.

You should ask your lecturer which style of referencing he/she wants. Most people use the harvard system (psyc uses APA). Essentially when you're writing you reference like this.

Past research in socks has shown that black is the most popular (Holeproof, P (2003))

According to Holeproof (2003), black socks are most popular.

In the article x, Holeproof stated that "black sock numbers are on the increase" (pp 38, 2003).

So thats a generic way on how to reference, then you go into details at the end. With you example, personally i'd leave out "Paper presented at", but yeh not 100% sure. Usually papers referenced should be peer reviewed.

dyara15

HSC
I know that APA is the style I should be using. I'm usually pretty good when it comes to referencing, but im just stuck at trying to reference this.

If the article wasn't good, I don't know why they would put it into a textbook in the first place?

Otacon2009

HSC
If the instution has changed its name, should it be the new institute's name? Because Northern Territory University ceased in 2003 and has since been called Charles Darwin University. Or is it what the paper says and name changes are irrelevant?

Last edited:

jaimebien

HSC
If the instution has changed its, should it be the new institute's name? Because Northern Territory University ceased in 2003 and has since been called Charles Darwin University. Or is it what the paper says and name changes are irrelevant?
Mmm...I would probably go with the institution name at time of publication. If you can, make a note about the new name, but I think recognition of the old name is important. Kind of like if a publishing house were to close down, you'd still reference its name when you're talking about a book it had published before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)