How's your Teacher? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys.
I was wondering if your teachers are inspiring, who motivates their students and try to make the work as interesting as possible??

Most of my teachers are NOT very inspiring, I rememer once my teacher told me I can't get a Band 6 , "probably a Band 5" he said. Pisses me off man, work so hard and come first in the course and he turned around and said this crap in my face.
:( :( :mad: :mad:
I wish they would say, "you'll do great in the HSC...Blah blah blah....at least to show that they care.......:(

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of honesty. Personally, I would MUCH prefer a realistic answer, than to be told "Yeah, you'll do so great", only to be disappointed at the end.
Besides-if they tell you that you are doing fantastically you will assume you're work is up to speed and your performance will plateau...thats not a good thing.
My teachers gave us credit where it was due, but no one ever told me that I was going to do brilliantly, and I thank them for that!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
atleast ur teachers say something ......well my teachers just say.......don't worry......all will be fine......have never uttered words of wisdom!!!!!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Most of my teachers are very inspiring. Basically all of them are except for one- my 4 unit teacher (who was my ex-3 unit teacher). he was so unmotivated that I requested a class change.

Well, my other teachers are pretty cool. I am only motivated if I like my teachers. my physics teacher always gives homework that is straight to the point to the HSC (though I tend to stuff up the keywords!hehe)
my English teachers are just absolutely fantastic, especially my advanced teacher. my 3 unit maths teacher is funny and cool.
my chemistry teacher draws smiley faces when she marks the work. i thought that was pretty cool (yes, i am a sticker, stamps motivated girl! LOL). anyway, if it was not for her, I wouldnt' stick with chemistry.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I agree sugaryblue! I am sticking with chem also becasue of my chem teacher, even though i suck at it. But sometimes i felt she told me that i'm "going to be fine" is just not very convincing:rolleyes:

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
my eng teacher is absolutely awesome....she spends so much of her time to help us and stuff....my phys teacher keeps on tellin me to 'not waste my talent' as i keep muckin about in class

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im fortunate to have brilliant teachers who I am also very close to (except one who is an absolute fruitcake, but hey, out of 6 teachers, 1 crap one aint bad). They're fun as well as great teachers so its really made year 12 a lot more enjoyable

Giant Lobster

HSC
Teachers:

English:: ok, but always away, and we're getting so much free periods its not funny anymore. (funniness as a function of time would be a concave down parabola)

Physics:: cool teacher, actually qualified. teaches slow, but can answer 80% of questions chucked at him.

Chem:: is always wrong. underqualified. talks out of his ass. After we got our half yearlies back, he writes a method up on a question, and my friend had the nerve to cross out his answer and copy his one while he writes it up. He then shows the test to the teacher and he manages to say its wrong. 3 witnesses.

Math:: Very good teacher. Wasted "goodness" by an idiot class that takes a whole friggin lesson on the first principle.

Math 3u:: Mediocre.

Wow I am very bored.

sleepycat

I agree with Sugary Blue that our MATHS teacher is so "unmotivated" and CRAP ... I wished there were extra spaces in the other classes ...:) oh man... i should have done realli shit in math in year 10 so i could have got into the 2nd class.... :mad:

stinger

Banned
A place where something is or could be located
none of my teachers are particularly motivating ... they're not bad teachers or anything, but they don't exactly inspire you

but there's nothing worse than a teacher who tries really really hard to be motivating, but isn't ... my maths teacher

meeeee

HSC
well lets just say my teachers either talk too much or not at all

inspiring teachers? i dont know the meaning of it

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
I agree sugaryblue! I am sticking with chem also becasue of my chem teacher, even though i suck at it. But sometimes i felt she told me that i'm "going to be fine" is just not very convincing:rolleyes:
I am so glad someone agree with me in that way! :D

Don't you feel that they believe you have so much potential to do well but you just don't believe in the same thing in yourself?

that's how I feel all the time. I guess I don't want to disappoint anyone. :(

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Im fortunate to have brilliant teachers who I am also very close to (except one who is an absolute fruitcake, but hey, out of 6 teachers, 1 crap one aint bad). They're fun as well as great teachers so its really made year 12 a lot more enjoyable
hey you are like me!! I've only got one bad teacher too, out of all mine. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)