HSC 2023 (1 Viewer)

Studysweat

HSC
Hey guys I am currently a year 12 student about to begin my HSC trial exams. I just need a few tips that can actually help me study and revise.

My weaker subjects are
Standard English
Biology

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hey guys I am currently a year 12 student about to begin my HSC trial exams. I just need a few tips that can actually help me study and revise.

My weaker subjects are
Standard English
Biology
all I can recommend you not to do is use that pomodoro technique thing. you see it heaps in different yt channels, but its logically never gonna be efficient. Taking breaks when you study in time intervals can hinder your ability to get into the 'zone'. alternatively, use the flowmodoro technique. Theres a whole video on it on Archer Newton's and Emil Eddy's channel online.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Tips for how I should be preparing myself leading up to the trials. Right now my preperation has been a mess.
I mean you kinda already identified the problem here. Use a study planner/timetable to sequence out what you need to get done for the day. Literally grab a piece of paper (preferably even a diary) and list down tasks you need done. just organise your days out.

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Tips for how I should be preparing myself leading up to the trials. Right now my preperation has been a mess.
okay i am not one to talk because literally all i did for trials was just a textbook and zero (0) trial papers thanks to me being addicting to gaming at the time
but this year what im aiming to do and im at a decent spot rn and wat i suggest u do
- actually understand the content by making ur own notes
- apply the context to specific topic- u may approach one module at a time (im using the strive book for chem rn) and then jump into trial papers
- i realised its easier to memorise stuff by doing the questions themselves
- if ur weak on specific areas ask ur teacher for help- for example if ur bad at evaluating epidemiological studies (mod 8??) do a few long responses and get feedback from ur teacher
- catch up on classwork- if teachers emphasise something itll probably be in trials or they may want a specific way to answer a question

for english
- if u dont already please start working on skeleton body paragraphs for each. module, a few generic but adaptable thesis statement and a few extra techniques for each text in case ur ones dont fit. try adapting what u have to a range of different questions so u dont get stumped during trials.
- do comprehension and send it for marking to ur teacher or someone else - i would suggest getting the hsc response books for the past papers or borrow them from ur schools library
- do a few full length trial papers
- for english it usually requires the most work so u should start asap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)