• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC Economics (2 Viewers)

moonsuyoung

im hungry
HSC
Hi!
I'm just a bit confused about two things for HSC Economics.
1. What essay skeletons do I have to make + what is the purpose of them?
2. What essay topics are tested in the hsc? Is it randomised?

HSC
1. tbh I'd recommend making essay skeletons/writing essays for all topics. eco is a subject imo where if you wanna b6, you have to research a lot and writing essays/skeletons ig forces you to do that research and also helps you organise your thoughts/provide a general structure for how ud approach an essay q on whatever topic in the exam.

2. i think basically any topic can be tested in the hsc. yes it is randomised, but they probably won't ask you the topics they asked last year, i'd still recommend preparing for said topics tho as it may come up in internals.

moonsuyoung

im hungry
HSC
1. tbh I'd recommend making essay skeletons/writing essays for all topics. eco is a subject imo where if you wanna b6, you have to research a lot and writing essays/skeletons ig forces you to do that research and also helps you organise your thoughts/provide a general structure for how ud approach an essay q on whatever topic in the exam.

2. i think basically any topic can be tested in the hsc. yes it is randomised, but they probably won't ask you the topics they asked last year, i'd still recommend preparing for said topics tho as it may come up in internals.
Thank you!
For question 2, is that why people prepare essay skeletons because they don't know which question will pop up? Also, are there any common topics that are tested for the hsc?

HSC
Thank you!
For question 2, is that why people prepare essay skeletons because they don't know which question will pop up? Also, are there any common topics that are tested for the hsc?
yeah basically. uhhh i have a spreadsheet i can send u of the qs they've asked in recent years cause I'm blanking on 'common topics', IIRC they will always ask something to do with external stability/balance of payments/exchange rates. policy questions are also guaranteed (but which typa policy is a diff story)

moonsuyoung

im hungry
HSC
yeah basically. uhhh i have a spreadsheet i can send u of the qs they've asked in recent years cause I'm blanking on 'common topics', IIRC they will always ask something to do with external stability/balance of payments/exchange rates
Thank you, is that alright :)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)