Hsc ipt (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How is it? Is it as bad as the Prelim on (In terms of it is easy and boring?)

I am considering dropping it due to it being boring and too easy. I got 93% for Prelim IPT so I am not sure (I got 93% with no study, so I have no notes for it)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're doing good, try it in HSC and if you continue smashing it then keep it as it can count to your ATAR.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If you're doing good, try it in HSC and if you continue smashing it then keep it as it can count to your ATAR.
But the prelim course was so boring!! I slept in class most of the lessons yet i still aced it.

fakermaker

HSC
I'm about to sit the IPT exam in less than 2 weeks, currently ranked first in my class with an internal mark of 99/100. I honestly regret doing the class. Its horribly boring and every day I question if I really know the content or if my shitty teacher just needs to look like shes doing her job.

I have no doubt that I have unintentionally commit academic fraud and have contemplated dropping the subject up to the last week of school. I am so fucking disillusioned to the education system.

But marks are marks and if you can do the subject, keep it going.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I'm about to sit the IPT exam in less than 2 weeks, currently ranked first in my class with an internal mark of 99/100. I honestly regret doing the class. Its horribly boring and every day I question if I really know the content or if my shitty teacher just needs to look like shes doing her job.

I have no doubt that I have unintentionally commit academic fraud and have contemplated dropping the subject up to the last week of school. I am so fucking disillusioned to the education system.

But marks are marks and if you can do the subject, keep it going.
Looks like another boring year :( At least it is a subject which doesn't require too much that i will stress over

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Looks like another boring year :( At least it is a subject which doesn't require too much that i will stress over
I quite enjoyed the subject tbh, but maybe that's just me. I found the topics interesting and refreshing in year 12.

HSC
Uni Grad
I liked it, it was fairly easy I guess but my teacher made it pretty enjoyable.

What's your teacher like?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I liked it, it was fairly easy I guess but my teacher made it pretty enjoyable.

What's your teacher like?
She is very relaxed and nice.

I got 97% in the yearly (I had no notes all year so I think it was good)

I will probably keep the subject

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, I'd prolly just keep it until such time as 12u becomes too much, and if that time never came it doesn't hurt having it anyway.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The challenge with IPT is that the smaller candidature size both within each school and overall in the HSC means that as a %, there's a lot more people who are achieving high ranks/marks in this subject relative to other subjects. Couple this with the fact that the subject doesn't feel that hard, actually means that to do well overall is an even bigger challenge since the markers need to find a way to differentiate between a 99% at School A and a 99% at School B.

Anyway, I've posted my thoughts in another thread as to why I look back on my time studying IPT and I greatly appreciate some of the skills and knowledge I learnt which I wouldn't have learnt otherwise in my tertiary studies in Commerce, but have proven invaluable in the workplace.

(Refer to: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=257880)

dylanbigdaddy

HSC
After doing it I regret taking it fully. I hated it. the text book is too thick to do anything with, even the teacher said it was crazy. the majority of the class dropped halfway through HSC.

habitres

HSC
I really enjoyed doing it. Especially TPS and the project work. More very much useful skills which I'll be able to incorporate into my business etc currently and in the future.

bongoli

HSC
Same thing happened to me for prelim IPT, never gave a shit still did heaps good. All subjects are subjective relative to the student's enjoyment, HSC IPT is only boring for those who don't share a common content for computers. HSC IPT does require a much higher degree of concentration, no way you can get a band 6 if you don't learn your content properly (same goes for any other subject).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)