• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Life Saving Tips! (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
Okay guys, I completed the HSC last year and got an ATAR in the 90s so I thought I'd let you know all the tips for the subjects I did:

Standard English
- they say not too but I wrote and memorised essays!!!! I had two adaptable ones for each section and just changed the words around. My quotes were the same for each one I memorised, so it isn't such a bad idea.
- I also memorised a creative but made sure it covered lots of topics!
- Got a band 6.

General Maths
- I did like no study until the week before HSC and I honestly thought I'd fail because I had the worst teacher ever.
- Its pretty simple just know how to do interest and you'll ace it.
- Got band 5.

Modern History
- I memorised essays for this too! And I didn't even know much on each topic. I wrote out like 3 dot points for each syllabus points and memorised it. Also remember some quotes - just do it for the most likely sections to occur.
- Got a band 6.

Business Studies
- Rote learn the textbook! I just memorised definitions and the rest was sweet! Its also good to do essay plans.
- Got a band 6.

Legal Studies
- Memorise essays! Remember the main legislation for each topic and you'll ace it.
- Got a band 6.

Its not as hard as everyone says! Message me if you have any questions! You're welcome!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to this question so if you answer it here that'll be great, what was your study schedule like?

Sambam429

HSC
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to this question so if you answer it here that'll be great, what was your study schedule like?
Honestly not that great. I only really studied a day or two exams and I always did my assignments the night before they are due.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Honestly not that great. I only really studied a day or two exams and I always did my assignments the night before they are due.
Honestly I don't know what to say, that's what worked for you since you achieved an ATAR in the 90s. How were you like in class? Did you do your homework specifically for Maths? You seem like a rote learner because you didn't get a band 6 in General Maths but in the other subjects that require memorising.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Haha you finally get the gist of what I was trying to say
I thought that he was asking for an ATAR estimate for his half yearlies until I read the date the thread was posted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)