• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC mentors (2 Viewers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we had a mentoring program if we wanted to participate

"10% on top"

1 student per teacher

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
where you get a persoanl mentor to help you with you subjects
like a tutor but a nicer word

personally i think its cheating and hate when all my friends say they have mentor for all their subjects one each day after school and on weekends.

but hey you can pay to get through life,
or
you can have that really good feeling when you acomplish something yourself

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yes I had a mentor, it was basically a personal year advisor for when you're in year 12.

And no Gordo, a mentor is not a tutor, get ur facts straight before you go calling everyone here bludgers.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
yeah, we have a mentoring program. it's one-on-one with a teacher and they focus on things like study skills, time management etc. they try very hard to get people to 'graduate' from the program, so you have to either improve your marks, or get all overdue homework handed in or something like that.
it's quite good, when they approached people to be on the program you could refuse but i don't think anyone did. it's just another push to work harder...

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I have a mentor. It's an optional program at our school for year 12s. My mentor is my shrink, at least that how I like to think about it. He's known me for years and is the best person in the entire world to seek advice from. Also it helps if they're an english teacher cause then they can help with Drama, English and History. If you're school offers the program and you're on good terms with a teacher...do it.

I'd hate to think what I'd be like without my mentor...probably even more insane.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
we had a mentoring program, mainly for ppl who were perhaps struggling a bit. but anyone could get a mentor if they wanted to.

aud

HSC
Never heard of them... only thing like that I've heard of is EE2 Mentors... but they're a different breed...

We do have 'programs' though - for naughty people that don't do their work :D

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
at our school teachers volunteer for the mentor program and each student puts down their choice, one mentor per person and u normally get ur first or second choice, if u want u can share mentors but its normally at diff times like there's no kinda group.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
at our school teachers volunteer for the mentor program and each student puts down their choice, one mentor per person and u normally get ur first or second choice, if u want u can share mentors but its normally at diff times like there's no kinda group.
yeh ours is the same except we call them our '10% on top' teacher and we dont have to participate if we dont want to

miss_pie

HSC
yeah same. teachers volunteer, but we put any teacher we want and the organiser askes them if they're willing. i put in my form 2day :)
for those of you that have it, do u use it for general study stuff or do u go to a teacher of a specific subject (say a maths teacher) and get help in that subject?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
pymble ladies and other private schools have private mentoring, tutoring, everything one on one...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah i mentored myself lol

i remember in year 5 and 6 i had a mentor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)