• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hsc multiple choice on boardofstudies website (2 Viewers)

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Are the hsc solutions for the bio multiple choice past papers 100% on the boardofstudies website? I think I caught an error

DepressedPenguino

HSC
It is question 14 in the 2009 bio hsc paper (there is a picture that goes with the question - pic is too large to upload) :/

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
It's not A or B, don't know how you can even relate it to that question. Clearly not C. So i'm guessing D. Btw where can you check the answers to MC on Board of studies, it's never in sample answers.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
My answer is B which is divergent evolution because puctauated equilibrium is a theory that suggests a long period of stability, longer than just a few generations, typically millions of years, b4 a short period of rapid changes resulting in the emergence of new species

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
My answer is B which is divergent evolution because puctauated equilibrium is a theory that suggests a long period of stability, longer than just a few generations, typically millions of years, b4 a short period of rapid changes resulting in the emergence of new species
By same argument you could say it was convergent evolution. There's no way of distinguishing between divergent/convergent here.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Okay, so why do you think the picture supports divergent evolution?
There's no geographical information to support divergent evolution

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Okay, so why do you think the picture supports divergent evolution?
There's no geographical information to support divergent evolution
I was thinking there couldn't be any totally unrelated species to have the exact same phenotype but the images of the species head is kind da deceiving because phenotype could be hair colour :3 I think D is the answer now

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I was thinking there couldn't be any totally unrelated species to have the exact same phenotype but the images of the species head is kind da deceiving because phenotype could be hair colour :3 I think D is the answer now
As long as you know why it is right.

It is a model, it's not supposed to adhere to "millions of years", it's just representing punctuated equilibrium by showing several generations of stability and then rapid changes in phenotype. By observing that we can see that the most correct answer is D.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
As long as you know why it is right.

It is a model, it's not supposed to adhere to "millions of years", it's just representing punctuated equilibrium by showing several generations of stability and then rapid changes in phenotype. By observing that we can see that the most correct answer is D.
Yeah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)