HSC Performance (1 Viewer)

RACHELI

HSC
Hey i play da flute and am doing music 2 this year...
anywaz u know how da core topic is music in the last 25yrs (Australian focus)???
Does it matter if ur piece is not by an Australian performer???????
caz i foung this really cool jazz piece by an english guy and i relli wanna play it
PLEASE HELP:confused:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
For future reference, never, ever write the word 'da' in place of 'the' again. It sounds forced and doesn't make you sound cool.

Second, you don't need to format your post in bold with a pretty font - it just makes it harder to read.

Third, one question mark at the end of a sentence will do.

Now, onto your question. I do music 1, not 2, so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't you be able to play the piece as part of another topic, or will it not fit into anything else?

Sofstar

HSC
I'm pretty sure it has to be from an Australian composer. I'm sure there is one out there that you would like as well.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Haha. There are some good Australian composers out there writing a lot of technical stuff. *Looks towards Psycroptic*

goof'

HSC
RACHELI said:
Hey i play da flute and am doing music 2 this year...
anywaz u know how da core topic is music in the last 25yrs (Australian focus)???
Does it matter if ur piece is not by an Australian performer???????
caz i foung this really cool jazz piece by an english guy and i relli wanna play it
PLEASE HELP:confused:

why dont you play Down Under by Men at Work? It will solve all your problems....

Grovesy

HSC
The 'Australian Focus' part of the core topic is a biiig hint as to what to play; which is to say that you won't get thrown out of the performance exam for playing a non-Australian piece but your marks will most likely be negatively effected - how can you play in the style of Australian art music of the last 25 years if your piece is not Australian?

You could, however, choose an additional topic that fits your piece into it, you just have to be creative with the available additional topics in the syllabus.

steban

violin dude
HSC
read over the syllabus, i remember it details what you need, but i think, for your core performance, it needs to be australian (as the mandatory topic is music of the past 25 years with an australian focus), but if you do performance elective then you perform something from the mandatory topic and then a piece from the elective topic. (i think thats how it works), and if you do music extension then you do 3 pieces of your choice, one being an ensembe piece.

correct me if im wrong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)