Hsc Prediction.... (1 Viewer)

khoshgelleh

In my Trial exam they only asked for one related text in the journeys essay, i wanted to know what the consensus has been for other exams.....
Are the BOS leaning towards one related...

???

khoshgelleh

lol......... well mt economics teacher always used to stay fake it till you make it.
so if you can make one up on the spot .. i take me hat off to u

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
there has been quite a bit of discussion on this and the consensus appears to be that there is no emerging pattern. in other words, they are just as likley to ask you for two as they are for one.
If you have not yet learnt 2 texts then making one up is your best option. the key to remember is not to make it too complicated so that you make mistakes and contradict yourself. before you go into your exam have a name for the text and author already created and have a few points in your mind about what techniques you are going to say are present in this text

Bokky

HSC
well ive got 3 related texts prepared for my Paper 1 section 3, and i just did a time trial and it took me 37 minutes and 23 seconds to write it out full speed, which was pretty good effort, that leaves me with another 2 minutes to spare :D. If the question asks me to use the longer of my 2 creative writing pieces i might not have time to do my 3rd related text, but ill still try. doing 3 related texts i recon will get me 13/15 or 14/15 :)

But I hate it how english is only 2 hours, it should be 3 hours (60 minutes each section) theres just not enuf time for anything really GRRRR.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
err... The emerging pattern is that it's said "at least ONE" in every single HSC exam since 2001.
ah yes, but if you speak to the established senior markers, there has been a difference in various years on whether or not it was felt superior marks should be given to those attempting 2 related texts - depending on the perceived difficulty level of the question.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Wouldnt only ONE other related text be, insufficient for discussion? Because the syllabus says a variety of texts and if you only mention three- thats not exactly a variety? I asked one of the english teachers from the HSC help line, and she said to definitely do two. However, if you can analyse your one ort extensively, then you can still get a really good mark cos the question only specifies "at least ONE" She also said that you can manage to do more than two- if you can give all texts an equal amount of analysis in the exam, and she said that students under stress will obviously find it difficult to maintain balance within 5texts in the space of 40mins.

Either way, i personally think that if you can give direct links from the text to your prescribed journey focus, give links between texts, bounce from argument to argument and each text flow nicely to prove your thesis- than the number of ORTs doesnt really matter. I dont think they will ask for TWO, but seeing as they will purposely make the HSC harder this year: who knows?! Better prepared than not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)