HSC remark (1 Viewer)

Anounymouse352

HSC
Hey, can they deduct marks on a HSC recheck , and when you pay extra to mark individual questions can they take away marks
thx

d1zzyohs

HSC
from what I know they don't actually remark the papers; rather they examine if the markers intended original marks have been given, chrck for any clerical errors, etc.

could be wrong; so if there is indeed a clerical error and you have been given too MANY marks, then I would assume you have those marks taken away.

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
Hey, can they deduct marks on a HSC recheck , and when you pay extra to mark individual questions can they take away marks
thx
here is some advice from jimmysmith
To answer your question, there seems to be a misconception that the HSC Results Check involves a remark of students' HSC exams. This is not the case (i.e. the HSC Results Check does not involve a remark of examination responses). Instead, its purpose is to confirm whether your marks were processed correctly if you believe that an examination mark is not consistent with your expectation, which is consistent with your situation.

As far as I am aware, lowering a student's mark following an HSC Results Check does not happen. The two possible outcomes are:
  • NESA did not make any errors, meaning that your mark will not be changed.
  • NESA did make an error, meaning that your mark will be corrected.
I recall seeing a case of this happening last year, where a student who requested HSC Results Check was indeed found to have been awarded an incorrect mark. After their mark was corrected, they later received an email from UAC informing them that they were made aware of this change and that their ATAR would be adjusted accordingly.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)