HSC results (1 Viewer)

harmony

im sure there are many other people out there who got on a massive high yesterday when the results were released, doing better than they had anticipated.. brought down this morning by finding out they recieved a really crap UAI. this is my case. i dont even know why im worried even. i had not planned to go to uni at all, and only applied to recieve a UAI to see what i would ahve recieved. my marks of 73, 72, 71, 66, 82 and 78 got me very excited yesterday, even surprising my mum, she didnt think id do anywhere near as good as that.. shows how much she believes in me, huh? anyway, i was brought down this morning when i logged onto the UAC site to retrieve my UAI - 61.75. i am however happy as my brother made a wager with me.. if i got 95 or more (equal with him) he would pay me $50, and if i got less than 60 i would have to pay him the $50.. so im glad that i did get above 60, but still dissapointed about what i did get. is there anyone else out there in my kind of circumstance willing to talk about it?? if thats you, im here if you wanna talk..

reprise

My daughter's the same. Didn't apply to any unis this year, so her UAI was more just something she applied for out of curiosity. She was thrilled to get a band 6 in General Maths, but disheartened that her UAI (for which she has no use) was 62.90.

I think it's just tough to resist comparing your own numbers to those of other people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)