HSC @ TAFE (1 Viewer)

shrek_2226

HSC
A new poster needing some help. HSC @ TAFE

Hello Guy's.

My first post! Yeay.

Anyway, a quick introduction, I left school in Year 8 (last year) and have just 4 weeks until I finish the Certificate in General and Vocational Education at TAFE (Year 10 Equilivant). I have a trip planned in March next year and I am wanting to complete my HSC at TAFE as soon as I can.

Questions:
1. Is it possible to start the HSC course at TAFE in the middle of the year like you can with other courses, and finish in the middle of the following year?
2. Is completing the HSC at TAFE identicle to completing it at school as far as one big examination goes?

Thanks guys for your help!

Alex

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hi Alex, congratulations on your upcoming CGVE completion:D

1. Is it possible to start the HSC course at TAFE in the middle of the year like you can with other courses, and finish in the middle of the following year?
That might be a bit tricky, as every single person in the state finishes each subject at the exact same time you see, so you'd *have* to finish in October or November next year with everyone else - sorry.:(
However there might be another way that could allow you to make some progress - enroll for preliminary(that means year 11) studies through correspondence with either OTEN or Sydney Distance Education - that way you can keep up with some of the workload, and you could do it without the same deadline I think. This means though that you wont have your HSC next year but you will be ready to jump headlong into it in 07.
2. Is completing the HSC at TAFE identicle to completing it at school as far as one big examination goes?
Yup, pretty much - the syllabus is the same, the content of the exam is the same, the timing of the exam is the same and the qualifications recieved are the same. The only thing that might be different is the speed at which you do it.

May I ask what electives you did for the CGVE and what you are planning to do for the HSC?

me_no_fry

HSC
i just finished the HSC at Tafe today :D WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO

they let me in halfway thru year 11... so... a bit different. but hey, tafe is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)