HSC VERBS Q: Is sketch the same as draw? (1 Viewer)

nobody

HSC
N/A
Whats the difference? - can you draw freehand if the Q says sketch?
In the past 10 years, half the HSC drawing questions are "sketch the blah" and the other half is "draw the blah" (rare occasion "complete the blah" but watevs)
I've always imagined sketching to be more lax i.e. you don't have to use a freakin protractor to draw freakin isometric circles....

Also, will you lose marks if you draw freehand?

Last edited:

Shackleford

HSC
Uni Grad
Well that depends. I'd suggest looking at the marking guidelines to see what they're looking for with a 'sketch' or a 'draw' question. Sorry I couldn't directly answer your question, it's probably best directed to a teacher or marker.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Whats the difference? - can you draw freehand if the Q says sketch?
In the past 10 years, half the HSC drawing questions are "sketch the blah" and the other half is "draw the blah" (rare occasion "complete the blah" but watevs)
I've always imagined sketching to be more lax i.e. you don't have to use a freakin protractor to draw freakin isometric circles....

Also, will you lose marks if you draw freehand?
Any subject besides bio it doesn't matter.

astroman

HSC
My teacher said engineering drawings (for HSC) are all supposed to be drawn without a ruler, except for true length, but the thing is nearly all students use a ruler so they can't penalise all people, so they have to end up changing the marking criteria. So doesn't matter really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)