• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC vs BOS (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
for all you hsc-goers. How many of you find that when you go on the computer to do some serious hsc work/assignments/etc (like i am currently doing), you invariably end up drifting away from your desired outcome of a completed assignment, and find yourself posting on bos about the most random things? And how many of you find yourself doing just that, all the time? it would seem that some of us (me) find ourselves posting even more frequently than before, as we creep ever closer toward our doomed *Higher School Certificate*....

With the hsc looming ever nearer, the pressure steadily building up, and the need to put our minds to the grindstone, you would think that most of us would have already realised the dire need for the abandonment of all life activities aside from study, study, study, and would be completely immersed in our endevours in pwning the hsc... BUT, despite all of the blatant warning signs, parent's heads ducking in and out of bedroom doors, teachers drumming facts into our already over-stuffed minds..... we find that we are slowly, slowly, but surely drifting away from our hsc workload, and venturing into the realms of the non-hsc (aka, bos).

gah, i'm tired of typing like that. Who finds that, as the hsc approaches, you cant help but NOT do any work.... like, the hsc is a dis-incentive to do any work. Do you always end up posting on bos, as opposed to gettting any work done??

is anyone else like me?

random1990

HSC
i am the EXACT same as you!! i've got 2 assignments - physics and chemistry - due first week back, both worth 15% and for the past 2-3 days i've been on the computer trying to do them and i've done about half of each!!
if it weren't for distractions - myspace/msn/forums i probably could have finished them both in under a day and a half!!
i seriously cant control myself!!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Short answer: Yes

Other distractions include IMDB, Wikipedia, and other forums. Woo!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
short answer: no.

more like kicking myself for all the procrastination i've done all year :eek: trying not to do any more.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
um i deleted my old msyapce with 23810923810293812903 commetns on it inorder to focus more on school.. [or so i told myself.]

only to make a new one 2 months later.. to which i am currently logged in.

i don't get it.
why am i doing this to myself?

DO I WANT TO FAIL LIFE>
cause hell, thats what i'm doing right now.

HOW THE HELL IS TALKING TO hoT-SuRfer_boI69 ONLINE Really GOING TO HELP MY FUTURE.

goosiegoo

HSC
I find myself on BOS, because i figure 'i'm on BOS... i'm still doing work!' but i usually get distracted.

Sigh.

HSC
nichhhole said:
HOW THE HELL IS TALKING TO hoT-SuRfer_boI69 ONLINE Really GOING TO HELP MY FUTURE.
you never know...he could be your future husband or something :rolleyes:

i never used BOS a lot until after the HSC, but i used the internet a lot during HSC and it was distracting...i feel BOS tends to be a huge distracter for uni work though :eek:

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
definitely...forums and the internet in general are very addictive - it's almost unconcious when I visit BOS, kinda like a craving or instinct - its inevitable, you have to go on every day lol

we all need help!

ellen.louise

HSC
This is all too true. I have sat down at this computer so many times this holidays and ended up here instead of buried in an essay. I have done nothing this holidays. It's ridiculous.

ellen.louise

HSC
magpam said:
:wave: hey ellen

yeah internet is only good for two things...

researching and bluging

and when you put them under one roof it is more temping to bludge lol
hey :wave:

I am so proud of myself. I reworked the intro to an essay, completed one german comprehension exercise, and started an AOS practice paper for english. :D :D :D

anniea89

HSC
Gotta say, I agree with everything that's been said so far in this thread. It's ridiculous; the reason it takes me a day to do an essay is because I keep getting distracted.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
I don't post as often as you guys, and I was actually wanting to go back to procrasinating so I could actually have more interaction with everyone doing the HSC. *hangs head in shame*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)