human experience in mov? (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
basically what human experience epitomises a societies obsession with money
or what is the experience of being dependant on something?

***​
mov refers to merchant of venice btw

basically in one of my paragraphs i want to discuss the addictive and all-consuming nature of wealth/money (this is like really rough)

Whilst it is established that the wealthy characters aren’t fulfilled, it ironically drives their motivations throughout the play because they are so dependent/reliant on it.

first half of para: quotes on how like the rich characters are depressed
2nd half: yet they remain obsessed with attaining wealth anyway at the expense of their morals/others

so my question is how can i link this to a human experience?
can anyone think of a human expereince that ecnompasses the collective phenomenon that the characters are experiencing

Last edited:

Wizjaro

HSC
I am planning to do something slightly similar and how I decided to link it was that money was central to the commercial human experience at the time. Then explain how this is shown through the sadness of the wealthy characters attributing how their human experiences of joy is not reliant on their socioeconomic status. And with what you said you can say how the human experience wastes away in one's pursuit of wealth as we lose sight of our humanity(morals/care for others). Hope that helps, but yea MOV is an irritating text for human experiences in my opinion.

Hiheyhello

HSC
I am planning to do something slightly similar and how I decided to link it was that money was central to the commercial human experience at the time. Then explain how this is shown through the sadness of the wealthy characters attributing how their human experiences of joy is not reliant on their socioeconomic status. And with what you said you can say how the human experience wastes away in one's pursuit of wealth as we lose sight of our humanity(morals/care for others). Hope that helps, but yea MOV is an irritating text for human experiences in my opinion.
YAY THANK YOU!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)