• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hypothetically, what would happen if for my mod C I write about how much I hate English mod A and B? (1 Viewer)

SecretSpectre

HSC
I am fed up with the teachers constantly feeding us their garbage viewpoint of the world. For both module A and B they chose texts moaning about how bad modern life is and we must live in misery and how religion is pointless and we must embrace the meaninglessness of life. I can log in to Reddit if I want to see people complaining about life and I can watch Kurzgesagt to get an existential crisis. No thank you English teachers.

What if I reject their viewpoint that nobody can relate to anyway? What if I refuse to accept their idiotic worldview that they themselves don't even accept? Not a single member of our English faculty is a day older than 40. Our school's English performance is going great and they are at the height of their careers. Not A SINGLE teacher can even remotely relate to the hate-mails of T.S. Eliot nor the screeches of Albert Camus. So why must I sit here and praise their immense contribution to modern society?

If Eliot and Camus is all there is to the "human condition" they keep rambling about it indeed is a very sad existence. I want to focus on the non-psychotic aspects of life. Which means complete and utter rejection of everything they have taught us in mod A and B. What would the markers hypothetically do in this case? They have no grounds to give me a low mark for module C if I do it well and it fits the stimulus and question. On the other hand it would not sit well with them either.

carrotsss

HSC
I would avoid it for in school assessments, the teachers are the ones marking your papers after all, and they will usually mark ideas similar to theirs higher. you can do whatever for the hsc though as long as it’s well written and fits the rubric for a good mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)