I am doomed (1 Viewer)

Bozmann

HSC
Title basically says it, a lesson to be learnt by you all.

Day 3 out of 13 of trial block. It is 23:36 and Physics trials are tomorrow, I have been studying with no particular plan, all are just at the spur of the moment, which is resulting at an average of about 55% in each subject. I have been telling myself "ok, todays work is done, I can deal with it tomorrow" with a pathetic amount of work done each day. I am very easily distracted, I even have deleted my favourite game, but distractions just keep spawning in lol. Stuffing this physics trial up will bloody destroy 30% of my ATAR.

I have an ultimatum:
1) Stay up the whole night, cram everything into my brain and hopefully perform a tad bit better in tomorrow's trials while messing up my sleep schedule for next few days.
2) Go to bed with half of mod 6 and mod 7 unfamiliar, then rock up to trials and swing it.

I am favouring the former a wee bit more.

In closing, to whom ever reading this I wish you luck, actions turn into habits and it is damn hard to get rid of them and get out of your comfy zone. I am a literal human example right here, making silly ultimatums due to poor choices, my HSC is already destroyed and I am here trying to sort the shambles back as best as I could at the last moment, and get at least a decent enough ATAR. Remember, ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Title basically says it, a lesson to be learnt by you all.

Day 3 out of 13 of trial block. It is 23:36 and Physics trials are tomorrow, I have been studying with no particular plan, all are just at the spur of the moment, which is resulting at an average of about 55% in each subject. I have been telling myself "ok, todays work is done, I can deal with it tomorrow" with a pathetic amount of work done each day. I am very easily distracted, I even have deleted my favourite game, but distractions just keep spawning in lol. Stuffing this physics trial up will bloody destroy 30% of my ATAR.

I have an ultimatum:
1) Stay up the whole night, cram everything into my brain and hopefully perform a tad bit better in tomorrow's trials while messing up my sleep schedule for next few days.
2) Go to bed with half of mod 6 and mod 7 unfamiliar, then rock up to trials and swing it.

I am favouring the former a wee bit more.

In closing, to whom ever reading this I wish you luck, actions turn into habits and it is damn hard to get rid of them and get out of your comfy zone. I am a literal human example right here, making silly ultimatums due to poor choices, my HSC is already destroyed and I am here trying to sort the shambles back as best as I could at the last moment, and get at least a decent enough ATAR. Remember, ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES.
If you are not sleeping right now, you should go to bed. Not having enough hours of sleep can negatively impact your ability to quickly understand and remember things, and thus your exam performance will be negatively impacted too, no matter how much you've crammed or how much you've prepared. You might not even remember the content you do know depending on how little hours you get. Sleep well and make sure you get your sleep hours in so even if you haven't gotten everything memorised you can consolidate what you did cram today, then if you want cram before your exam. Maybe this was a small setback but you've still got the rest of your subjects to study hard for, you got this. All the best for tomorrow and for the rest of your Trials :)

Bozmann

HSC
If you are not sleeping right now, you should go to bed. Not having enough hours of sleep can negatively impact your ability to quickly understand and remember things, and thus your exam performance will be negatively impacted too, no matter how much you've crammed or how much you've prepared. You might not even remember the content you do know depending on how little hours you get. Sleep well and make sure you get your sleep hours in so even if you haven't gotten everything memorised you can consolidate what you did cram today, then if you want cram before your exam. Maybe this was a small setback but you've still got the rest of your subjects to study hard for, you got this. All the best for tomorrow and for the rest of your Trials :)
Cheers mate

JosephSeed

HSC
damn bro....im in the same boat as you... been stuck like this the whole year and holidays.....i have 3 modules left to revise for pdh in one day. and i havent even started for business and bio and i have a day for each. i get you man...we fucked up real bad didnt we? im not the guy to give advice but If i were you just drink coffee and study (i did the same for both me english exams). my reasoning is that its one day.one night, that can potentially affect later in life more than just a shitty sleep schedule for a few days. best of luck brother/sister. i really hope we both get help and change.

but then again does it realyl matter?

wildwestworm

HSC
Good luck for your trials 😊 I'm sure your hard work won't go to vain, but I definitely recommend not pulling all nighters or losing so much sleep over this. It will definitely impact your ability to do your exams. You know yourself best tho, so you can decide how you'd like to go about studying for the exams. I haven't done that well in my assessments so far either, getting similar average to you 😭 but I believe in us I'm sure we'll end up doing well, we still have the external exam which could help boost up our ATARs. Once again good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)