I am starting Biology next year... (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
And l was wondering if you, the members of the forum who are doing bio would tell me some great textbooks (excel etc.) or probelm ares. I have looked at babydoll's threads and taken that into account. I was just wondering if anyone had any other resources, thanks ^_^

Sarah
xxxx

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I would recommend Heinemann, it covers both yr 11 and 12 and is very comprehensive.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
no heinemann is shit!!! if you dont need it for school dont get it..i find it doesnt explain things very well and it goes into too much depth about insignificant things and not enough things that are on the syllabus... plus it doesn have the options in it...

and yes the excel is very good... simply and straight to the point... the entire thing is done by the syllabus dot points

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
no, excel is TOO basic. there's not enough detail to cover the dotpoints

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
To solve this problem get Excel, Henieman and One other recommend book... I recommend Spotlight...

Leap

free falling
HSC
The Warringal study guides - which you can get from Edassist - are really good.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
I recommend Jacaranda. very indepth, good explanantions, great diagrams...although seems to waffle on a bit on some things. But overall i give it 2 thumbs up :)

:kaz.n:

HSC
this is great for me too!! thanx every1 :D...im doin bio next year...it seems this jacaranda series is good for many science subjects including physics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)