• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I call upon fellow english strugglers (1 Viewer)

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
Peoples peoples.. I along with most of you are struggling with emma/clueless. I only need one simple question asked.
if you wereing going to ask Jane Austen about the transformation of Emma to "Clueless" what would you ask here?
Refer to anyhting you wish including.. style, language, audience.. watever.
*Note* I am not asking for answers just questions :p
Cheers
Emma-Struggler

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
well, i didn't do this module, but i assume that the main thrust of your questions would be pertaining to what extent a modern transformation of a text must retain textual integrity with the original and whether or not the director of Clueless has done so with Emma. You might also consider whether it is appropriate/necessary to transform texts (obviously the answer will most easily be 'yes', but this opens up the question of what benefits there are from transforming texts). Also, you could consider the difficulties in transforming a written text to film, a totally different stylistic genre and re-writing for a contemporary audience (which also gives you some opportunity to discuss the themes of Emma/Clueless and how they are essentially timeless and able, therefore, to be constantly transformed and up-dated). hope that helps at all. keep with it - english doesn't have to be a struggle! :D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
my thot on this module is basically

how even thou their context is vastly diff, they r essentially the same story (bring in the themes, blahbalh)

mite also throw in how something r changed DUE to context, and how both composers used irony, satire etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)