• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"I can't study because I have a bad study environment" (1 Viewer)

thoseWords

HSC
Is this* a valid excuse?

*"I can't study because I have a bad study environment"

Also... in year 11 (second term) how much study should I be doing a day?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yeah, infact, that is a good excuse, because my sister did her hsc last year with a "bad study evn't" and i personally think that's why she went bad in her hsc.
a bad study env't just doesn't give you that "study mode and zone" that you should be in when studying, it's called motivation i guess.

It's "EFFECTIVE" study that counts, not just counting by hours. you should try to aim at 2 hours a night or possibly even more, not less than 1 and a half hours though. This way you can get use to all this study routine and habits for hsc course. my school's pretty bad and they never tell us to study etc but me and a few mates regularly study.
Soon you should practice past exam papers and even have a go at past hsc papers at an early stage, as I plan to do so too :D

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
..study 'til the good marks show.
and don't stop studying.

The reason given in the first post is kinda valid, as a bad study environment will not help you study effectively, but it should not be a constant excuse for getting low marks. Find an area where you can study effectively.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
On the topic of study, you should try to study over the period of the year, not in the week before exams/assessments. Keep revising over past topics and modules, as you are more likely to recall facts and info in an exam from your long term memory.

passion89

HSC
Probably not a valid excuse. You shouldn't have any excuses about poor marks (unless you were studying during war:uhoh: or something very very very bad happens to you) because if you really are serious and focused on studying and achieving a good result, there are few things which can screw that up lol (unless its the aforementioned...events)

H

housemouse

If you have a bad study environment, do something about it instead of sitting there and complaining.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
housemouse said:
If you have a bad study environment, do something about it instead of sitting there and complaining.
lmao, have to agree with that.. i wouldn't say it's a valid excuse since it's your enviroment you can just change it to suit you, so the blame falls down to you.

HSC
flowergrl said:
see above. especially FranzFerdinand. (are you a "him" or a "her"?)
yeah, Franzyboy is always right. :)
I suppose that question is directed at me. I'm a guy but if you come close enough, and breathe on me with your breath at approximately 46 degrees celsius while i'm wearing a fluoro orange tie and you a mexican hat, i might change.

HSC
lol, well that girl up there didn't know what sex i was probably because i had a chick as my avatar *cries*
mehh, i got to find one i am entirely comfortable with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)