I Got A Job! (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I finally got a job! I didn't think it would ever happen. I have put in about fifty applications (no exaggeration) since I finished my HSC last year and finally I got a job at Domino's. Sure, I had to resort to telling a mate to basically force his manager to hire me but that is beside the point:D!

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well done, I'm not sure how the work at Dominoe's is but you'll need the money to get through this holidays!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
HeCtic said:
Well done, I'm not sure how the work at Dominoe's is but you'll need the money to get through this holidays!!
Yeah, I will finally have enough money to do everything I want to do:D!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
I finally got a job! I didn't think it would ever happen. I have put in about fifty applications (no exaggeration) since I finished my HSC last year and finally I got a job at Domino's. Sure, I had to resort to telling a mate to basically force his manager to hire me but that is beside the point:D!
Ahaha.. I can just imagine.. your mate, the hitman pulling a gun to the poor manager's head.

"GIVE EM' THE JOB OR I'LL FUCKING BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!!!"

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
congrats, that's great!

JKDDragon said:
Ahaha.. I can just imagine.. your mate, the hitman pulling a gun to the poor manager's head.

"GIVE EM' THE JOB OR I'LL FUCKING BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!!!"

:D!

theone123 said:
Congrats, but also to kill the 3 months aswell :)
Yeah, I suppose it will give me something to do for most of the time (the holidays are closer to four months by the way) but I would have easily found other stuff to do:).

Jase

HSC
So is it hard to go to uni and keep a casual job throughout the year? Or is it better to just go Christmas casual every year.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Jase said:
So is it hard to go to uni and keep a casual job throughout the year? Or is it better to just go Christmas casual every year.
It depends on what course you're doing, how many credit points you're doing, how hard the subjects are.. and your abilities. It all comes down to EFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT. If you're willing to put in some QUALITY study time, I see nothing bad with having a job while doing full time uni (well, unless your roster clashes with your uni timetable.. in that case, you're pretty much erm.. fucked? Haha. :D)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Jase said:
Yeah, it should be fine. I know heaps of people who do it. Just do as much as you can handle:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Jase said:
i think it's ok. just make notes when you have lectures, do assignments in the rest of your time and work. it comes down to not wasting too much time, which is better anyway because you feel you're doing more.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
i think it's ok. just make notes when you have lectures, do assignments in the rest of your time and work. it comes down to not wasting too much time, which is better anyway because you feel you're doing more.
Yeah, I hate the feeling of being at home doing nothing:(.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, I hate the feeling of being at home doing nothing:(.
its just a matter of time u will have the feeling about being bored at work :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
theone123 said:
its just a matter of time u will have the feeling about being bored at work :D
The thing is, at least I will be doing something constructive:).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
which Dominos?

You'll get smashed over this summer with work. I working about December last year at Dominos Glendale... was there for 5 months or so, more than long enough for me.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thanks for all your congratulations:p.

Cyph said:
which Dominos?

You'll get smashed over this summer with work. I working about December last year at Dominos Glendale... was there for 5 months or so, more than long enough for me.
Belmont Domino's. I hope I get a lot of work. I have my second training day today and then I will be able to work:D.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
w00t!

do all drivers there get close shifts there?

When i worked at Glendale, I would get 2 hour shifts 5-7 days a week which is why I got the shits with it since I was working 5+ days a week for only $150 at the most usually.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cyph said:
w00t!

do all drivers there get close shifts there?

When i worked at Glendale, I would get 2 hour shifts 5-7 days a week which is why I got the shits with it since I was working 5+ days a week for only $150 at the most usually.
Yeah, they said most shifts are only two hours unless you work in the middle of the day or something:(. I don't know whether all drivers get close shifts or not:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, I sucked so bad, it was so hard:p. They were showing us how to answer the phone and I had no idea and was so lost:rolleyes:. There were so many codes and buttons to know on the computer and they expected us to learn them in about an hour:eek:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)