• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i got offered another course .. WAT TO DO? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I just got offered a place for Business/Laws at UWS parra ....

but in the main rounds i had an offer for International Business at MACQ...

.... what do i do......

I'm more into International Business.. but im not sure if i can major in it at UWS.. i serach the site and theres no major that i want.. but i'd love to do law on the side aswell .... but i hate the fact that it's UWS.. so i'd rather do my MACQ course no matter what.. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well just going for what you said, i'd say that International Business at maq is the way to go. As you say you'd rather be at Maq over UWS, however more importantly, you are more into international business (something you wont get at UWS).

Doing law is all and good, but if its only something that will be on the side, your first priority should be to what you actuallly want to do. You could always do law later. i.e dont give up what you want, merely to do law for the sake of it.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I would.. it would take me 2 hours to get to macq and 2 hours back home. No way would i chose macq over uws. lol

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi said:
.... what do i do......
You're a big boy now it's up to you.
Do you want perceived reputation and a specific major at mac or do you want a perhaps not specific major and a minor hobby at UWS.

How badly do you want law? and why?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
little-rat-boi said:
I just got offered a place for Business/Laws at UWS parra ....

but in the main rounds i had an offer for International Business at MACQ...

.... what do i do......

I'm more into International Business.. but im not sure if i can major in it at UWS.. i serach the site and theres no major that i want.. but i'd love to do law on the side aswell .... but i hate the fact that it's UWS.. so i'd rather do my MACQ course no matter what.. hmmmmmmmmmmm
If I were you I'd take the UWS bus/law course. But that's just me - and that's just because I don't see much benefit in doing an international business course over a normal one. Compare the course structures of both business degrees and see what appeals to you more. If you want a little more freedom in choosing electives, a generalist degree is nearly always a better way to go.

HSC
I think im staying with my B International Business course at MQ .. i will probly do a concurrent degree with B Comm - Marketing in which i'll apply for in my second year...

so yeahs.. thanks heaps ppl

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi said:
i'd rather do my MACQ course no matter what..
After reading this, I couldn't help but wonder exactly why you asked this question?

Edit: Oh, and don't change your signature, I like it.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Oh no.

We all know UWS is the greatest University ever created.
politik, its getting old. If you feel such a distaste for it, then so be it, but keep it in your pants and save everyone the crap.

X

xeuyrawp

... said:
you can transfer to a double degree in MQ...
Yeah, but not law.

But seriously, why do you want to do law?

Most people who 1. are good at law units and 2. want to do it, have worked their butts off during the HSC to get into it.

Not only that, but even UWS law will own you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
You read my profile everyday looking for posts to reply to dont you?
No, don't delude yourself, you just happen to turn up in front of my headlights more often than not.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Why study an additional 2 years to do something your not really interested in, plus whatever additional study after that for law?
Because it sounds cool and most people who leave High School have no idea about these things or what 2 years of extra study actually means other than words on a piece of paper :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)