• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I got the nightfill job at BIGW (2 Viewers)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
I got a call from BIGW yyesterday. they told me that i got the job. Since lisa will be on holiday for two week my ionduction date wont be held untill september.

Im so glad that i got the job, i applied like 24 times online this year.

7th Sign

HSC
how much are you getting paid if its more then 17 an hour i might apply for some after hsc work :D

payafee

HSC
i applied for the same job and got a rejection email. they said i didnt have the right qualifications or experience. like you need any qualifications for a night-fill position... pfffft :mad:

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
i have applied for amny jobs since 2002 my advice is. dont apply for a job when you have uni or tafe study (that normally eliminates you). last semester i did 3 days a week of tafe & i didnt get in.

2nd of all it will help if you have had some xp in retail

3rd of all the acuraccy test answer 35 questions

4th when they ask you why U wanna work for them write something fancy down so you impresse them

5th . take your time when filling out the applicattion form in the group test. be the last person to leave the room so the conductor can remember you.

6th for nightfill jobs say you wanna work mon-saturday 6-10pm

7th just keep applying online & some day they will call you.

I dunno how much ill be getting paied untill my induction ceremony. im 19 right now so i guess its something like $20-$25

payafee

HSC
i go to uni 3 days a week but im still applying anyway. it doesnt hurt to try, i desperately need the money. congrats on finally finding a job after 3 years. you deserve it.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
payafee said:
i applied for the same job and got a rejection email. they said i didnt have the right qualifications or experience. like you need any qualifications for a night-fill position... pfffft :mad:
what did you say as your avaliblity & how many questions did you answer in the 5 minute acuracy test?

J

jhakka

You poor person. What did you do to deserve Big W nightfill?

If you're happy, congrats. Your pay should be between $12 and $15 an hour.

payafee

HSC
wevil said:
what did you say as your avaliblity & how many questions did you answer in the 5 minute acuracy test?
i didn't get through the next round. just applied online and got rejected.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
You poor person. What did you do to deserve Big W nightfill?

If you're happy, congrats. Your pay should be between $12 and $15 an hour.
shut up U idiot, im not poor i have 3 grand in the bank. Ill be getting an instant payray on my 20th birthday this year. so ill probably be getting paied $19 an hour that equale to $95 a night. so working 6 night i would earn $570 a week.

I said i was avalible mon-sat 6-10 so they probably wanted someone that can work any night

kalli

HSC
wevil said:
ill probably be getting paied $19 an hour that equale to $95 a night. so working 6 night i would earn $570 a week.
have you heard of the tax man?

kalli

HSC
Murf said:
well the program i got on my comp which is for the last financial year, pretty close this year says that at least $110 will be withheld.

Murf

that sounds like an interesting program... is it free? can i download it from the net (legally)?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wevil said:
i have applied for amny jobs since 2002 my advice is. dont apply for a job when you have uni or tafe study (that normally eliminates you). last semester i did 3 days a week of tafe & i didnt get in.
That's my problem. Even though I only go to uni during the day and that wouldn't effect nightfill I think they would rather hire someone with no other committments. I also have another job already. Which also wouldn't effect nightfill but it has the same effect as uni does. I just stopped bothering to apply after a while.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
That's my problem. Even though I only go to uni during the day and that wouldn't effect nightfill I think they would rather hire someone with no other committments. I also have another job already. Which also wouldn't effect nightfill but it has the same effect as uni does. I just stopped bothering to apply after a while.

look just say to them u dont have any commitments & U graduated from uni or dropped out

J

jhakka

wevil said:
shut up U idiot, im not poor i have 3 grand in the bank. Ill be getting an instant payray on my 20th birthday this year. so ill probably be getting paied $19 an hour that equale to $95 a night. so working 6 night i would earn $570 a week.

I said i was avalible mon-sat 6-10 so they probably wanted someone that can work any night
1. If you look at that sentence in the context of what I was saying, you would have realised I was not referring to the amount of money you have.
2. I once worked at Big W for nightfill, and hated it, hence the "You poor person" comment.
3. I would appreciate it if you didn't automatically get on the offensive, particularly if the person you are abusing did nothing to warrant that.

Thank you. :)

payafee

HSC
well said. i still wanna work nightfill for big w... why did you hate it jhakka?

J

jhakka

I didn't like the whole thing about giving up pretty much every evening for work, and even then they'd sometimes call me in for weekend shifts. I found the work monotonous, I didn't get much sleep, and there was no opportunity to learn or do anything new. Expectations, especially around Christmas, were ridiculous. The store manager was a prick...

Should I continue? :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
jhakka said:
I didn't like the whole thing about giving up pretty much every evening for work, and even then they'd sometimes call me in for weekend shifts. I found the work monotonous, I didn't get much sleep, and there was no opportunity to learn or do anything new. Expectations, especially around Christmas, were ridiculous. The store manager was a prick...

Should I continue? :)
It's all true :uhhuh: it must be just all big w stores i swear, i haven't heard one person from any other store say something nice about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)