I hate circles (1 Viewer)

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
I just spent 2 hours getting my brain raped by cirlce geometry. Is there an easier way to do them? No matter how much i do...i dont get any smarter since there are different questions that need you to do all sorts of fancy crap to prove.

^___^
HSC
practice the basic

like the real basic principles or rules in circle geo and rape them..
after that, you tend to get more confident in the latter questions

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Always look for as many cyclic quads as you can find, and also a lot of people don't see alternate segment theorem when it's there, so be on the lookout for that too. Apart from that, just practice.

Captain pi

HSC
withoutaface said:
Always look for as many cyclic quads as you can find, and also a lot of people don't see alternate segment theorem when it's there, so be on the lookout for that too. Apart from that, just practice.
Yes, definitely. And, if you are having trouble after that, draw a big diagram of the problem and mark everything that you know. Mark all important angles alpha, beta, gamma ..., and then see if you can deduce anything from there.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
haha 3u circle geo is really basic... theres only 1 or 2 tricks max ... like constructing more lines etc...

4u on the other hand...... totally differnt

CrashOveride

HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
haha 3u circle geo is really basic... theres only 1 or 2 tricks max ... like constructing more lines etc...

4u on the other hand...... totally differnt
You may as well have just quoted me :D

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i get belted in 3u circle geo, and i hope this year's ext 2 paper wont have any 4u circle geo. that'd just be nuts.

7minute

HSC
Use highlighters and coloured pens to trace around things eg. cyclic quads. It helps you see solutions quicker and makes diagrams less confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)