I have muddled time management plz help (1 Viewer)

happyyappygurl

Hi thanks for reading the thread!! Shows you care about helping others!
Okies lolz before I get carried away>.<
I have really, really bad time management.... I always try and solve it but it juz doesnt seem to help!

I do Maths 2unit
English Advanced
Bio
Business Studies
PDHPE
Ancient History

All help gratefully appreciated!
I dunno how to balance my time between the subs! I am not so gr8 at doing that ie. plz help on how much tyme I should spend on ecah daily and how to plan, I am in srs need of help ^^

Thanks,
Lizzie:D :eek: ;)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
What i was told to do is to try and spend 30 minutes a day on each subject (extra 15 minutes for extensions)... if you can continue to work up to that then you should be able to get on top of your work quite easily.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
just do any homework, assigments u have, then whatever subjects u have that r u weakest say pick 2, spend time reading over ur notes for them

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RyddeckerSMP
What i was told to do is to try and spend 30 minutes a day on each subject (extra 15 minutes for extensions)... if you can continue to work up to that then you should be able to get on top of your work quite easily.
all i do at the moment is do assesments and homework no extra study

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
I don't do what i said either... it's what i am trying to build up to for yr12..

baxter

Little Miss
HSC
Here's what I tried;

Write a list of all homework, study, reading, summaries etc that you need to do in order to get ontop of the school work factor.

Then priortise them.

Keep this list in your school diary/folder - something you look at daily and add to this list as you get homework. That way you know what you have to do by when.

Every night spend 30 minutes on a subject and 15minutes on extensions. Working your way down the list as appropriate.

You should find you'll get through the list reasonably quickly, and you'll be doing all the work as well as studying for exams which should help.

If this fails - make the list colourful and neat (even do it on a computer) so keeping it neat and sticking to it will be something you'll WANT to do. (this may only work if ur a chick)

If ur like me though - this is fine for organising everyone else but yourself. I have a few of my friends hooked to this system but doesn't work for me. Good luck though.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Hmmm...I doubt you're hopeless at all your subjects, so it's simply a matter of targeting the weaknesses. My weakest area is mathematics (2 unit, though the teacher advised me to 3...he wishes), so I usually spend about an hour each night studying for it after I've completed all my regular homework.

If you concentrate and absorb the information in the notemaking/reading the teacher sets for homework, then your homework can actually become your study which saves quite a bit of time.

I hardly study for english and english extension 1 besides reading my assigned texts and I still kick everyone's ass, so it's all about being able to differentiate between your strengths and weaknesses and studying accordingly.

Merforga

Despite what everyone thinks i personally dont think you need to study everynite. Like baxter said, make a prioritised list. A VERY LARGE yearly planner with lots of pretty colours indicating tasks on it is very helpful. The main thing is to do your homework and assessment tasks as soon as you get them. When it comes to study, about 1/2 an hour each friday going over the weeks notes is sufficient enough to keep it in your brain. When assessments come up, start increasing study time about 2 weeks before hand to revise any old things ^^

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
heya lizzie itz ryan :p

mmmm prioritise... thats all u need to do... :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
what was the point of that picture attachement?

Edit: anyway, im in yr 12 and i dont worry about the 3hr or 4hr planned chunk every night that everybody says...i just do all the hw then finish writing summaries and notes (which i havemade a list to do at the beginning of the week -sunday night-) THEN i study for however long it takes (usually two to three hrs at the most on top of homework) or until i get bored or so. i think its easier not to have that sacred rule of studying for two hrs straight and then allowing urself a half hr break..its too retsrictive but in my case u HAVE to have self control and u have to LOVE ur subjects or it just wont work

Last edited:

happyyappygurl

Heyaz Ryan ^^ lolz... thankz for the advice alwayz gr8 advice!!!, and also to everybody else!! keep it coming and about the pic... attachment excuse me for that I kind of thought that was for the picture you usually find under ppl'z nicknames lolz shows how tech advanced I am!
So thanks for advice and keep em' coming to benefit me, and any1 else who's time management may not be the peak yet.

Lizzie ^^:cool: ;)

happyyappygurl

Am I talking to thy self? hehe anybody iwith good tips plz gib ur insight! helps ppl out , most gratitude -=)

--~Time management is so important~-``

cOnFuZon!!

Hey, can any of yous help me set a weekly timetable or sumthin so the subjects i do our Bio, Chem, PDHPE, Legal, maths ext 1 and adv. english. and i start my H.W and all at around 8.00 til 12.00 with occasional breaks. i plan all da things im meant to finish however non this works i only manage to finish one or two of tasks from my list and at 12.00 i get too tired to continue so i go and sleep and promise myself to finish the other stuff 2morrow but the list keeps growing day by day and im always behind in must of my subs.

can anyone give sum advice im really stress and i think i might suicide
:confused: :chainsaw:

[JG]-HellveN

I find that my working environment has an impact on my working or studying levels. It is just too easy to procrastinate at home: too many distractions.
So my advice is just go to the library and sit down, put your books and pens on a study desk and start working. I find it's a lot easier to work there and I accomplish ten times more.
You don't need to spend all this time and effort into making "pretty" timetables and calendars, in the end that is just another ay to procrastinate and you'll probably end up not sticking to them anyway.

Productive study is the key, try and keep up and when you have time get in front. Take responsability.
In the end you'll feel much more satisfied.

And I forgot to mention, uninstal counter-strike. Something which I have not yet had the courage to accomplish.
Must...

baxter

Little Miss
HSC
Its hard, becuase everyone studies in their own individual way. And in addition, you have rebellious people who upon being asked to study go "NOOO NEVER" and those that actually need to be told to study. Figure out which category you're in and then work from their.

As much as organisation is overrated, it does apply to study as well.

But i think the most important thing with study is to figure out what best works for you as soon as possible, otherwise you'll end up feeling overwhelmed and then the unwarranted stress begins.

You guys will be fine!

Oh and one thing my best friend always tells me, "don't use stress as a way of procrastination against studying". So think about how much time you spend sitting there thinking "how should i study?" and then think about just getting stuck into it.

good luck :)

baxter

Little Miss
HSC
Originally posted by cOnFuZon!!
Hey, can any of yous help me set a weekly timetable or sumthin so the subjects i do our Bio, Chem, PDHPE, Legal, maths ext 1 and adv. english. and i start my H.W and all at around 8.00 til 12.00 with occasional breaks. i plan all da things im meant to finish however non this works i only manage to finish one or two of tasks from my list and at 12.00 i get too tired to continue so i go and sleep and promise myself to finish the other stuff 2morrow but the list keeps growing day by day and im always behind in must of my subs.

can anyone give sum advice im really stress and i think i might suicide
:confused: :chainsaw:
i doubt having a timetable that will restrict your study will aid you in any way. If anything, you're going to get bored and not stick to it and find something else to do. Just figure out what you need to do, and do that! Little piece of homework/essay writing/note making at a time. don't think "I've got english to do" think "i should read that sheet for english and write a summary".

ultimately, you've got to motivate yourself and find what your itnerested in. Also, you've got to love the subjects you do, I think someone else brought that up earlier, but the definately hit on something vital there. If you used to like the subjects and don't anymore, think of what you did like abotu the initially and try and find that all over again.

There's no point in stressing really, stressing does not achieve anything (study wise) but procrastination and unwarranted worry.

hope that helps somewhat? if not, feel free to vent anger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)