I Have no assessments for IPT (2 Viewers)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
:eek:

Im currently doin only IPT and my teacher said that his only goin to give all exams for our assesments
is this good or bad thing???????????

I think its ok cause its like practise for the HSC just actually studying for each topic and get an exam

also at the end of the year do u have a portfolio to hand iin our one is handing in all the excercises in hienamnan youd get 100% thats like 20% of your assesments ???

give me your opinions plz?????

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i reckon that would be good
my assessments are gay...

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
w

wat do u rekon are assesments harder or exams

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
th said:
wat do u rekon are assesments harder or exams
assessments are harder...
and take more time
at least exams would help u
assessments are crap i reckon

^___^
HSC
depends

if you are one of those guys that rely past paper to do well in exams, then you would much prefer assignments where theres the marking guidline

but if you are those guys that can cram a book in 15minutes, then exams are better than assignments

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
???????

depends

if you are one of those guys that rely past paper to do well in exams, then you would much prefer assignments where theres the marking guidline

but if you are those guys that can cram a book in 15minutes, then exams are better than assignments

dont get ya?????

FinalFantasy

HSC
i would prefer all exams, but my current IPT year consists of 60\40 % exams\assessment projects respectively..
i hate those stupid projects and assignments and stuff, dey are silly and boring and not cool and stuff..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
id prefer all assignments. Id rather to assignments then exams, i completely bum out in exams it sucks so bad. Wow, you have no assessments other than ur exams?! i like my assessments :) i do good.........kinda

th

No.1 Asset
HSC

yeh but wat do u do at the end of the year a hsc exam not a assignment so its like practise for the hsc aint it??

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
probably.. i find it weird that u have to assignments per se.... my teachers always tell me that assessments are jus another hidden way to making us study..

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
yeh but in the hsc ur not supposed to change every single difinetion to your own words unlike the assesments where u have to be individual and everones different

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i find it wierd dat he has no assignment either..hmmm...but if u have exams as assignments its gud coz it will help practice, but u loose here, the ipt exam may ask u a scenario and if u havent had a related assesment then u will be troubled in answering it so even if u dont get any assignments like that just read some scenario's through the texts.

^___^
HSC
th said:
dont get ya?????
there are different ppl in this world

some people are really good at memorising stuff in the last minute, that means they will be better off doing exams

some people are really careful and can think really well..however, it takes time and effort to make it clear, that means they will be better off doing assignments

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
... said:
there are different ppl in this world

some people are really good at memorising stuff in the last minute, that means they will be better off doing exams

some people are really careful and can think really well..however, it takes time and effort to make it clear, that means they will be better off doing assignments
im the latter :)

Jait

HSC
N/A
I would direct your teacher to the IPT Syllabus that says:

Project work in the HSC course is intended to give students an opportunity to plan, design and implement an information system that has a purpose. The chosen information system should be either:
• a database information system
• a communication system
• a transaction processing system
• a decision support system
• an automated manufacturing system, or
• a multimedia system.

... One large project or a number of smaller projects may be undertaken in the course. If smaller projects are undertaken, they need to occur over a significant amount of time and involve sustained work... An indicative 20% course time has been set aside for project(s) in the HSC course.

Syllabus p32

Project work should be also form 20% of your assessment mark. If your teacher isnt planning to assess you on a major project and is planning to test you on it instead then I suspect he isnt planning to make you do one at all. It is a BOS requirement that you do a major project or many smaller linked projects. Past exam questions have been directly focused on major projects.

You might consider avoiding the biggest assessment for most IPT students to be a good thing or you might be worried that it will harm your HSC chances. Just ask him what you are going to do for your major project if it bothers you and take it from there.

Last edited:

Gator

HSC
depends

it depends assessments are good if they dont have weighting

like just for revision or such like answering 25 questions or so and handing in to see how u went

thats wat we do and its great

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
He's not really allowed to do what he says he's going to do (sounds like hes lazy), he HAS to give you a group project that's worth 20% of your whole assessment. (Refer to Jaits post). BUT basically, this is pretty awesome for you in terms of time, as we had 3 MASSIVE assessments that took ages, but weren't worth that much in the end. BUT then again, you're losing out a bit on project work - as the easiest way to learn the topic, project work, is to do the group project and have to document each of the stages, however painstaking it is. BUT alternatively, you could just do this as practice by yourself with one of your assignments for another class, or just learn the textbook if you cant really be bothered (you know you won't be...) BUT this last but was just for fun. Paragraphing is evil.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
really lazy this dude(teacher) right got into BOS site and found a IPT summary on the resources and shows it to the class (Powerpoint ) have a "look in resources" lastweek he finished a whole topic info sys databases in 2 hrs
that is wat you call lazy it aint me if practically summarised the Ipt course and just studying right now

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
i think i dont have assessments either. I cant quite remember, i know i had a database one in t4 last yr but i think he said from now on they arent assessible..only exams. Meh so long as i pass....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)