I haven’t gotten any early entry offers… help (1 Viewer)

Unkownstudent

HSC
Hey so I’m decently ranked in all my subjects, here are my rankings for all 5 of my subjects
1) 3rd / 80
2) 5th / 15
3) 3rd / 8th
4) 20th / 50
5) 18th / 33

my marks are decent A & B average however I haven’t gotten ANY early entry offers whereas nearly everyone I know (even those who are getting worse marks than me) are getting offers left and right.. am I screwed?

specificagent1

HSC
Did you apply for direct early entries? did you apply for unis that are giving out srs? did you apply/were able to apply for programs like e12 and gateway?

Unkownstudent

HSC
I applied for direct early entry at macq got rejected, I also did SRS and got nothing so far. I didn’t do e12 but I did do EAS

specificagent1

HSC
I applied for direct early entry at macq got rejected, I also did SRS and got nothing so far. I didn’t do e12 but I did do EAS
what course at maq? for srs what are your prefs? some unis like unsw and usyd dont do srs unless it's e12 or gateway. did you do either?

eas is just for bonus points

Unkownstudent

HSC
I did Macquarie leaders and achievers 1ST pref was commerce and cyber security then teaching & arts as 2nd I don’t remember rest

i did apply for UNSW but you don’t need e12 for that, I didn’t put usyd as any preferences for that reason

for srs last round first preference was Macq law + cyber security. I didn’t get an email from them about being unsuccessful, but I did get one from uts & unsw basically saying they ‘acknowledged’ the preference lol

specificagent1

HSC
I did Macquarie leaders and achievers 1ST pref was commerce and cyber security then teaching & arts as 2nd I don’t remember rest

i did apply for UNSW but you don’t need e12 for that, I didn’t put usyd as any preferences for that reason

for srs last round first preference was Macq law + cyber security. I didn’t get an email from them about being unsuccessful, but I did get one from uts & unsw basically saying they ‘acknowledged’ the preference lol
USYD = e12
UNSW = Gateway
different programs.

anyways ye just redo your preferences for srs round 2 then

Suz D

HSC
Hey so I’m decently ranked in all my subjects, here are my rankings for all 5 of my subjects
1) 3rd / 80
2) 5th / 15
3) 3rd / 8th
4) 20th / 50
5) 18th / 33

my marks are decent A & B average however I haven’t gotten ANY early entry offers whereas nearly everyone I know (even those who are getting worse marks than me) are getting offers left and right.. am I screwed?
Yeah, I have only gotten one offer but people other people in my year group have gotten tons with minimal effort. For me though, is that I didn't apply to many Unis that offer early entry, which might be the same for you. But don't give up hope, you'll get offers, even if they are after ATARS are released. And even if you don't get a lot or the unis you wanted, just know that it isn't your fault. The whole system is wack, scaling is just wrong and the exams can be random with bad questions. As long as you try your best you will be fine- you can't do any better than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)