• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I love advices from BOS members! (1 Viewer)

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Hey ya guys!!
who is doing business studies?

So, have u get your ''establishing a business'' assignment? :jedi:
have you found a niche market?

As for me, i havent :eek:
i am living in Orange ... & i cant find one ...
sushi shop, pet shop, book shop, smoothie shop .... everything is here! :mad1:

so, can you think of something cool?!

thanks for ur help!!

K

khorne

World famous billionaire, super model, astrophysicist errotic book shop. Can't get any niche'r than that.

Brontecat

HSC
me!!!!!!!! i do business :D

are you talking about the assignment where we have to make a hypothetical business??

Brontecat

HSC
lol not too happy with your subject choices are you?

if you're talking about the hypothetical business one i want to try a cupcake business cause then i can interview ppl at school to provide a more complete market analysis :)

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
me!!!!!!!! i do business :D

are you talking about the assignment where we have to make a hypothetical business??
think so
something like u have to find a niche market
and make a presentation to class
i just dunno what to blab about
anyway, my thread has been moved
:spzz:

lol not too happy with your subject choices are you?

if you're talking about the hypothetical business one i want to try a cupcake business cause then i can interview ppl at school to provide a more complete market analysis :)
cupcake business?!
sounds yum!

yeah .... i dun like business
gonna drop it in year 12 :haha:

From the Business Studies FAQ:

I have an assignment which involves completing a business plan on a business. How do I go about writing a business plan in the preliminary course?

Choosing a Business:
Some people do their business plan on a hypothetical business whilst others do it on an actual existing business. If you need to choose a business I recommend you choose one which has an owner/manager that is willing to assist you with information. If you know someone who owns a small business (friend, relative, employer) you can ask them. You also might like to choose one which you find the product is interesting - might make the assignment a little more fun if you are writing about a product/service you are interested in as opposed to one you find boring.

Interviewing/Surveying the Business for Info:
In order to gain information to do your report you will need interview or survey the owner/manager of the business. To do this you will need to develop a series of questions. The below outline of what you have to include (structure) gives you a guideline of what you have to ask the business about. So for example for Marketing when it says you should discuss target market, you would ask the business "what is your target market?" and even "Why did you choose this target market?". You would ask them about the advertising they use, the effectiveness of it etc. There is no right or wrong answer, just ask as many questions as possible that relate to the content you have to provide in your business report. Remember the more questions you ask, the more informed you are on the business, allowing you to write a more thorough report.

Structuring the Business Plan:
I recommend you to have a look at the syllabus as this shows in great detail what you need to include. If you don't have a copy of the syllabus, you can get one from the Board of Studies website. Also grab your textbook and read these chapters.

In regards to how to set it out, this is straight from the syllabus:

elements of a Business Plan
• executive summary
– business description and ownership
– purpose of plan, situational analysis
– business objectives and strategies
• operations
– description of product/service
– personnel requirements and skills
• marketing
– market analysis
– sales forecasting
– marketing strategies
• finance
– financial requirements, forecasts, records, controls.

Which textbook do you have? Jacaranda has a copy of a business plan in it, which would be a good example to look at. The resources page: http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=20 also has some business plans that some nice students have donated for others to look at. Remember these are just for reference though.

Also your assignment sheet (when you get it) should include marking guidelines and exactly what the teacher wants. if it is not clear, then confirm with your teacher what they are looking for, as remember they are the ones who mark it.

WHOAA!!
that's cool
thanks
however, my thread is moved
:wave:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)